First grow...advice please!

Thanks @elheffe702, I so sorry for your diagnosis @Buck99, my stepfather had stage 4 brain cancer and was given 6 months to live, doctors where amazed at how he survived for 2 years after his death sentence, i made all of my harvest of trainwreck that’s what i had atm , into RSO , he took a grain size of rice and his brain cancer went into remission and was cancer free, doctor said it was a miracle, unfortunately he never quit smoking cigarette till his last days and that’s what took him under, the brain cancer wss no longer there but after two years he got cancers spots his lungs and it spread from there decided not to take chemo and enjoyed his final days , ps he smoked fir for 40yrs 2 boxes a day of Winston, i cant stand cigarettes!!! also drinking alkaline water helps cancer patients fight cancer cells, will get more info on western herbs he used to fight cancer, healing vibes going your way brother :pray: @Buck99 will keep you in our prayers

1 Like

Hiya…again, been a while.
I guess that’s good because things seem to be going well…beginners luck and a bit of research I guess…and help here too!
My 90cm x 120cm tent is burstin!
All 4 plants are healthy and flowering like stink…literally!
Fan/filter are working great…no idea what’s goin on anywhere in the house!
They are now about 18" from the light, close to 3’6" high…I have about a foot of clearance to move the light up, but that’s it.

I might need some advice prior to harvest.
-Any idea from picture how long to wait?
-Should I add Cal/Mag to water now light is closer and full bright?
-I’ve been very stingy on the nutrients…should I beef them up for the final burst, or just keep as usual? Using a Guana based Nature’s Own ‘bloom’ organic and blood & bone.

• How should I prepare for harvest? Do I flush out the nutes…when is good?
    -Who has the best curing recipes?

Again I ask: who’s the tincture/oil/edibles guru around here?

Cheers!

2 Likes

The tincture/oil/edible recipes are usually @blackthumbbetty @DoobieNoobie n @GreenJewels quite a few others around heee as well. Depends on ur tastes.

As to the flushing question… what nute line are u using? This far along id be supplementing a bit of calmag when pure watering. Nothing too heavy tho and especially nothing drastic enough to upset ur flow now. Have u seen any deficiencies? What type of dirt?

I usually semi flush during transition to flower (get that high N out) then semi flush the last week or so of her life (before harvest)

How many weeks in flower are u? Most lineups have heavy PK startingg week 5-6 of flower to push big buds

3 Likes

Here’s a good thread.

@blackthumbbetty has a lot of good edible recipes.

Here’s a link to a good CCO thread

1 Like
2 Likes

And another great link :+1:

2 Likes

Ummm J ur a bit late. Ser Betty dropped it

3 Likes

:joy::joy::facepunch: my grandson frequently distracts me mid posts :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Pothead.

2 Likes

There’s that too :joy: :v::green_heart:
Takes one to know one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I claim nothing on tincture. I use @blackthumbbetty recipe for that. I need to make some more to try and make gummies while I’m thinking of it.

1 Like

Didnt u make like 4 grades of vape oil?!

I’ve made a few attempts at it. Nothing good. But that’s why I got the press. It was cheaper than a short path distillation setup. But eventually I’ll have one and will be able to make real distillate. And for now I can use the wax to make vape liquids.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @PurpNGold74. Checked out @blackthumbbetty recipe…looks good, although I’d like to reclaim the expensive 96% alcohol…I’ll ask.
My soil is an organic soil with worm casings, vermiculite, pumice and compost/soil…
I’ve been using an 8-3-6 blood and bone fertiliser, but have now switched to 1-9-1 guana ‘bloom’ product, also organic, I believe.
As they seem to be in the home stretch, I’ve added some not so organic GH Flora Nova Bloom(4-8-7), and 0.5ml/l ‘bud storm’ from FlairForm Hydroponics (0-13-11)
My method of watering is a bit improvised: try to feed weekly, and judge by weight of pots when to water in between.
When I feed, I mix up about four litres of ‘food’ and then each pot takes another 3-4 litres of water to get flow-through, so it’s quite diluted, but seems to be what they like!
I’ve had no issues with deficiencies, spots, dead bits, bugs, discolouration or growth in general…they have behaved well!
PH of water is around 7.2 to start.
Reading the run off, I get PH around 5.8 - 6.0, so there’s plenty of alkalinity in there.
I have never flushed them out completely.
they have been on 12/12 for about 3 weeks now.
22-5ºC range, good ventilation since beginning with RH around 60%

I won’t feed again for a week, just H2O with cal/mag because they are getting closer to the full blast of my HLG lightsource.

They have been in flower stage for 3 weeks…how much longer do ya think?
Should I give them a good flush in a week or so? try to get the PH closer to high 6’s?

SO, in summary:
4 plants (2 x red dragon, 1 x Charlottes Angel, 1 x Jack Herer)
‘organic’ soil
Planted sprouted seeds 27/may
Feed Blood/bone: 8-3-6 for veg period + cal/mag
Switched to Flower 12/12 on 15/July
Feed Guana ‘Bloom’ now: 1-9-1
Add GH ‘Bloom’ : 4-8-7
top up with min ‘budstorm’ :0-13-11
PH in, 7.2, PH out 5.8-6.2
Temp 22-25 ºC
RH +/- 60%

Sorry this seems long winded and repetitive, and repetitive :wink:

To Flush or not…and when??

Cheers!

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for that @blackthumbbetty!
I did a QWET but only shook the jars for 3 minutes, total…felt like I was leaving good stuff behind.
I’ll try your triple-shake+ method next time.
I like the idea of letting the alcohol evaporate slowly on a heat pad…makes sense, but I pay about $100 for a 750ml bottle of organic 96% alcohol, so I’m keen to reclaim it.
I’ve been using a tabletop air pot still to reclaim my alcohol, but it does heat it to at least 75ºc to evaporate the alcohol…
How does this sound for keeping it from getting too tar-like:
Do say 75-80% of the evaporation using still to reclaim, and the rest on a slow, 30ºc heat pad until it’s just the oil?
I can’t inhale anything but air now, so that’s why I’m looking at options.
cheers

Ok ur in soil. So first thing is first. U want runoff in the 6.3-6.8 range. 6.5 being the sweet spot. If ur going in at 7.2 and out -6 then u have root issues.

2 month old big girls… how tall and wide from pot approximately? N what size pots? Maybe a bit rootbound. No biggie honestly. Bit late to repot anyway (imo)

Second. If u wanna go organic. U gotta be organic. Adding that GH Bloom is devastating to ur microbe herd. Find a more… organic bloom supplement. Preferably to even that K ratio… the 1-9-1 should be more 1-9-7. I use alaska fish emul 0-10-10 and add a spoon of megacrop (its pretty even and has micronutes too) also! To be truly organic u have to ‘recharge’ ur microbes. With a product like Recharge or Mykos or Azos. U can add more beneficial microbacteria. And they need something to eat so i use blackstrap unsulphurd molasses.

So! On the flush! Yes. At week 3 of flower (if u dont wanna transplant) flush the ph up to the 6.3-6.8 range n the ppms down to lower then 400. Give a day or two to dry. Then refeed the hungry lasses

OK, getting on with flowering. pistils are starting to brown, but Trichomes are still clear. Been heading this way for 2 weeks, but now leaves are turning and falling off…so I guess it’s close to harvest!

I am waiting for the trichomes to go milky, then amber, correct?

Then the curing process begins.
I’m very nervous about that!

Here’s my plan, from what I’ve read:
-cut plants at bottom of stock
-remove all big leaves for whatever use
-trim larger sugar leaves and reserve for tinctures etc
-hang stems with flowers in an airy, warm space for +/- 2 weeks, until they feel dry-ish, but still feel some moisture/weight
-trim off all buds from stems, and trim off more leaves if needed.
-place air dried buds in mason jars and keep in darkish, room temp environment, opening jars for and hour or so daily?

Am I close?

1 Like

flushed them last week…took ages to get the water almost clear! Now runoff is PH6.5.

Kinda getting close to harvest now…not sure if I want to feed more. see below.

Sounds about right to me! N flushing is a pain. Tds meters help more then runoff color btw. U start watching trichs after around 70-80% of pistils have turned (usually) milky is for head high (creative day smoke normally) usually called peak thc. Amber is for couch lock (more narcotic like body high) good night meds, thc has begun to degrade a bit. I prefer 25+% amber. But like a good milky/cloudy high with my coffee n when being social

4 Likes