First grow. 5 bag seeds of unknown origin

I’ve never used em personally. @Myfriendis410 would know more

4 Likes

Never used but I am curious about them

1 Like

I don’t use autopots, but they are basically a passive hydroponic system. They aren’t suppose to drain themselves under normal operation. The valve basically allows bottom of pot to flood then replaces whatever the plants use.

Imo, if you want to build a hydroponic system you may want to look at other options. There is nothing wrong with autopots when used properly, but would probably be a lot easier to throw together a dwc system. Even the more complicated systems aren’t all that difficult to assemble. You just need more components and maybe a couple extra tools. I would just research each a little and see if any of them seem to fit what you’re looking to do.

3 Likes

I keep thinking about a manual on/off DTW with drip collars for when I switch to coco. Mix for the reservoir with an air stone open the valve and close it when it’s done. I’m sure I’m missing the complicated parts… but I’m not ready to build it yet, so haven’t don’t the research.

2 Likes

I mean that’s basically what I did. Instead of letting gravity do the work I just have a little pump. My plants got watered once every hour for like 15 seconds. Worked awesome.

2 Likes

Autopots do a good job for what they are. Not really suitable for big plants IMO but very easy to use. Easier than doing DWC.

I’ll keep using them.

1 Like

How did you figure out how long to run the pump? And I’m assuming what you did will water multiple plants?

I just went off of runoff amounts coming from the pots. And yes, I set up 6 plants like that.

1 Like

Not too bad for a first grow, I’m thrilled!

25oz out of 5 plants in a 4x4 tent. Had a small amount of bud rot on one of my main colas. Removed that main cola and surrounding bud.

@Dankloud @grizZz @Underthestairs @Covertgrower @imSICKkid
Sorry if I missed anyone!

4 Likes

Kick ass! Congratulations! That should hold you for awhile.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! Only better from here!

2 Likes

Standing ovation on run 1!

1 Like

:exploding_head::star_struck:That’s awesome!!! I’ll hopefully get an oz off my first plant :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the help. Knowing I pulled early I could have gotten a little more. But this is plenty. #4 May be the best. Haven’t tried them all. #4 has a strange taste to start but is a helluva ride.

Did you water from the top? No issues with gnats or being too wet doing it that way?

2 Likes

It’s pretty damn cool getting to smoke on something you made yourself! Can’t wait to see what the next grow will be like!

2 Likes

Yes, I use halo drip rings. No bug issues for me. I run compressed coco so I never introduce anything in. And I grow full size plants in 1gal pots. Plus, its impossible to overwater coco because it can only hold so much water.

1 Like

So. Let me see if I understand correctly. I’ll throw in the questions I have as I go lol.

You basically have a reservoir where you mix your jacks 3,2,1. You have a pump that is hooked up to a timer to run to however many plants you have on drip rings. You have it timed to come on around 15 seconds each hour? Assuming the drip rings/pump gives a certain amount of water over time.
Water goes through the coco a little at a time. (Will this water to run off?) also assuming plant is sitting up on a pot stand and runoff will run to some kind of container below.

I feel like an idiot that’s over thinking but don’t want to spend money to do this several different ways.

1 Like

I just use a 30gal trash can for my rez. In the rez I have a submersible pump that is plugged into a timer. From the pump it runs to an irrigation manifold. The manifold has 8 ports that run to each individual pump. Super simple build. My plants sit on a washing machine drain tray. Yes I get a little bit of runoff each time but not much.

2 Likes