First grow. 5 bag seeds of unknown origin

What’s up guys new here. Just started my first grow and buying supplies as I need them. Started in a cooler but will eventually move to a tent when I buy one(any recommendations would be helpful).

Started these in a solo cup February 19.
They stretched at first due to not having decent light.
I went with a HLG 135 quantum board r spec.
After changing the light I added some soil to the pots.
Soil - fox river I think it was?
No nutrients added yet. Just fan, water and light.

I started these off in a cooler with aluminum foil.(guess we all start somewhere huh?)

Avg temps between 67 at night to 81 during the day.
I try to keep the humidity close to 50 percent as it fluctuates a lot at the moment.

9 Likes

Welcome! You are going to love learning here. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Your seedlings look great.

3 Likes

Good idea for the cooler , looking good , have some seedling going trying to improve conditions too

Welcome to the fun.
Grab yourself a frosty adult beverage and dig in.
Lots of reading and tons of info to glean.

Welcome!
Please, enter at your own free will and leave some of the kindness you bring…(someone told me not to read and smoke heavily at the same time) my bad.
Give the plants love and they will love you back! :+1: :+1:
The forum is full of great,knowledgeable folks,like mentioned before…

SL out.

1 Like

Uh oh. Droopy leaves.

What do I do?

I think my soil is too moist. I haven’t had to water in 2 days because of my humidifier. But last night my humidifier ran past when my light turned off causing an extremely high humidity as well as 58 degrees when I woke up this morning. Think I’m going to let them dry out a little. Someone correct me if I am off on my thought process. Thanks!

Yeah the humidity levels they prefer around around like there it differs from stages of life here’s a link on a nice site I found. Temperatures and Medical Cannabis Growing: From Seedling to Harvest - SensoScientific.
What exactly was the humidity level when you woke up if it got like the 70% range they got super moist including the soil. Of course seedlings actually like high humidity but they don’t like temps below like 67 even then that’s a lower temp then they prefer.

My hygrometer read HHH when I got up that morning… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Welcome to information heaven! I have one piece of advice… read read read. Find journals of people growing in the materials you plan to use, then watch how and what they did. Read the help questions and get answers to problems you haven’t had yet.

My biggest takeaway from round 1 - they don’t want as much attention as I want to give them.

I am starting to see that as well. I’m in wanting to check on them often. Wife Keeps telling me to leave them alone lol.

1 Like

Noticed light pot last night and needed water bad. added water last night. This is this morning. Anything else I need to do?

I don’t see any vent holes in your pot. These things like that wet to dry cycle. If you have holes on the bottom get that pot up to increase air flow. I love the fabric pots, but a riser might help at least a little.

The pot itself is designed to water from the bottom and should allow plenty of air in. However I could be wrong on this. All the leaves are standing back up and look good however I have these white spots on the tips of my leaves. Any ideas?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
    BAG SEAD UNSURE MALE OR FEMALE
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
    SOIL fox farms
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    6 inch pots (planning my last pot to be a 3 gallon pot as I don’t have the space for them tog get to big. CONSIDERING MOVING TO OUTSIDE ONCE WARM ENOUGH. ABOUT A MONTH LEFT
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)unsure yet need to order a meter
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable unsure yet need to order a meter
  • Indoor or Outdoor indoor
  • Light system hlg 130
  • Temps; Day, Night around 78 day, it got down to 68 last night
  • Humidity; Day, Night hovering around 40%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    none other than oscillating fan
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    humidifier when needed
  • Co2; Yes, No NO

Using a cooler that is open. Plan to use a tent when I can afford it or move them outside

Gave nutrients right after the one plant looked droopy. Here is an updated picture of all 5

Fox Farms has several soils with different nutrient levels already in them. Which one are you using?

Ocean Forest for example has right 5 weeks worth of nutrients in it already. So if you’re feeding also they might be getting a tiny bit of nutrient burn.

Using fox river ocean forest. The one plant started dropping 2 nights ago. Noticed right before my lights were set to turn off the plant was extremely dropping and soil was dry in most of the pots. Added straight distilled water to any that were dry. The next afternoon they all looked good except the one that was dropping. (He looked better but not normal).

I have a oscillating fan that I may have had on too high. Could be an issue. Now I have it pointing between the light and plants. Before it would oscillate into the plants and then into the light.

Last night is the first time I gave any nutrients beyond the original potting soil.

I also notice on the little white pieces in the soil. Some of them appear to be turning green. Is this normal? Humidity is hovering around 40% so pretty sure it isn’t mold.

40% is no problem especially if you air moving, and like you said… Not directly blasting your plants. I’m quite new to all this as well so I’ll be keeping quiet on things I don’t know. But you can @ people you’ve read journals on to ask or follow along in their issues/fixes.

@Myfriendis410 @imSICKkid maybe can give some advice when they’ve got time.

I would be checking your runoff ppm before I gave any additional nutrients to the plants for sure. Ocean Forest is always really hot right out of the bag.

As far as the perlite turning green, I would say it’s probably just algae. Which usually occurs whenever the soil stays to moist and there is no air movement. The oscillating fan is ok and it’s ok if it hits the plants. You just dont want it blasting them directly nonstop. If the algae gets worse I would get some hydrogen peroxide and mix a few cap fulls into a spray bottle with water. You can spray it and it will go away.

1 Like