First Grow: 4 Super Skunk (Fem) Under 600 Watt LED

Hey, Everyone - Jordan here. I’m new to the forum, but I’ve purchased from ILGM and Robert before, always had success. It’s been a few years since I’ve been able to grow, and so I’m calling it “first grow”, because I never grew a lot (only had 2 grows - and one I had to destroy).

Currently, I have 4 Super Skunk (Fem) that I got from Robert, they germinated in 48 hours and “popped” out of their organic soil medium 9/12. So, you could say they’re just into their 2nd week as seedlings. I put a thin layer of perilite on the bottom of the soil which was mixed with Fox Farms Light Warrior and Happy Frog 3:1 approx. I had 3 small plastic pots with holes already punched in them, and then I forgot I germinated a 4th so - I took an small, empty coffee canister and used that for the 4th seed. All of the came out of above the soil on 9/12.

Medium: Organic Soil Mixture
Grow: Indoors, grow tent (mylar inside), but the front flap is usually open, 95% of the time. 36"x20"62"
Lights: Currently, 1 Phlizon 600 Watt LED (it has Veg/Bloom button, currently on veg), and 2-3 CFL’s down low for extra light, especially underneath.
2 Clip-on Fans for air circulation
1 small 4" inline duct fan and duct to remove excess heat (I have another one available if/when needed)
1 small dehumidier (if/when needed)

I also have an extra 450 Watt COD LED Light, which is super bright, but gets VERY, VERY HOT

Average Temp in Tent: 77 degrees F Humidity: 48-55%

Here are some pictures from today:

From last week:

5 Likes

Looking good. Not much stretch at all.

Looks good

what does “stretch” mean and why is it bad?

When seedlings stretch for the light. It makes the plant tall and skinny and weak. Short bushy plants make for strong short plants that grow more horizontal and have multiple bud sites.

4 Likes

That’s what I thought but wasn’t sure. Another question? In terms of lighting, how do you know when you have enough / too little? Is there a formula, or is it based on eye?

Also, I was thinking of putting a screen over the plants, like “Sea of Green”. Is that something I should consider or are 4 plants too little/too many?

Is it beneficial to put the tube around the stem (be it toilet paper tube, or plastic see through tube), and if so what is the benefit? How long does on keep in on for?

With the Amazon blurple Lights, MH, or HPS the rule of thumb is 50 watts per square foot. The kicker is is that the Amazon lights have to me measured based on the draw from the wall not what’s listed. Its substantially less.

1 Like

You can do it with as few as one plant and as many as you want. Most folks use between 2-4 plants.

1 Like

Not sure about the tube method.

1 Like

You don’t want to put anything around the stem of the plant. Keeping the air moving in the tent, as you’re already doing, is good, and will encourage strong stem growth. And @Familyman is right. You definitely have enough plants to scrog in your tent. (Scrog is the proper term, by the way [“screen of green”]. A Sea of Green is a different technique, where you use a lot of smaller plants to create a carpet of green that you switch into flower, rather than growing a few larger plants… just FYI… not to be a snob, but just to help you get the terms right, down the road.) I just grew two plants in my 2’ x 4’ tent, and as you can see, two plants was plenty for me, but you could certainly do this with four as well.

Happy growing!

4 Likes

Those look nice bro.

Thanks @Familyman . The one on the right actually got harvested this weekend (I think it’ll be bet/4-5 oz. when it dries), and the one on the left (smaller) still has another week or two to go.

These weeds want to produce if we don’t get in their way too much. @thcrootz should do just fine with the Super Skunk!

1 Like

What strain is it. Looks very indica to me.

Kinda like northern lights

What do they get for that small tent man. I’m looking for something for inside Boston winters. 2 plants would keep me busy. I like that idea. :sunglasses:@WonkaMan. Thanks for the idea.

I got my 2x4 for $54 on Amazon. They are pretty cheap and it’s 70” tall.

2 Likes

Do you have they link by chance? Thank you? If not , no worries.@Familyman

I’ll check into it tomorrow. Too many beer for tonight.

1 Like

Here’s the link to the tent I have. I’ve been very pleased with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DXYMQ9M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And @Familyman, my plants are White Widows. Sorry @thcrootz. I didn’t mean to hijack your thread!

2 Likes

Thanks man. If i only had the room… I appreciate it.:sunglasses: