First grow, 1 Super Skunk,1 Gold Leaf, 9 unknown

Switching the lites at this time wont hurt them . And don’t be in a hurry to think fast growth, makes it the male . . good growing . Hammer

1 Like

@Paranorman thanks man, its surprising how much you can overthink things and miss the simplest solutions lol.
@Hammer switched the lights thanks bro

i topped and LST’d the “high hopes” plant. i think it was a bad idea to do both at same time because of stress but i thought, what the hell, probably a male N e way and to my suprise, it looks like the plant loved it. ill add a photo shortly lol

btw, what does LST even stand for? i saw a video of another grower doing it and thought id give it a go, looked like a right bloodbath when i first pulled it down :laughing:

“Low Stress Training” - LST :v:

1 Like

@Bushgrower . It stand’s for Low, Stress, Training, … and the idea is to train the plant slowly … when a plant is this young id use bread ties …"as i call them " plastic coated wires … that way you can make a loop on one end "around the plant . then Every day or 2 you can adjust your tie down easily as needed … your plants are looking good … watch the watering tho …:telescope: :grin: @ me if you need me … Hammer

1 Like

thanks for that, @Hammer

i just realised i havnt told my pot sizes or tent size yet… woops

the pots are 4.7L which i think works out to be around 1.2 gallons

tent size is 4x4x10. @Blountville

1 week since i started the gro journal and, my oh my, have these lovely little girls grown :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Bushgrower .Heres a thought .ive done when things overgrew a little ,and had to be bent some .ive noticed that when plants start to need water they get more pliable as to watered wait an hour and they get so stiff they snap easer …so maybe train just prior to watering . Hammer :grin:

just had a power cut for four hours… am a little worried, lights just went back on… need i worry? and on your last comment, are you talking about super cropping? where i break/crush the stem and let it drop? (i think thats what super cropping is…) havnt watered any plants for three days now, some soil is still not crumble in you hand material (which is what i interpret as ‘completely dry’) so was thinking of gving it another day till watering.

@Bushgrower . reset all timers accurately . and you description would be called super cropping . But i think i mistook what i saw in your pict .It looked like you were just starting a tie down for a scrog .LOLOL .My apologies . And on watering .total dry is not good . here’s the best soil gauge i can give you .feel the weight of it when its dry then water till you get about 10% run off and pick up again and feel the weight very noticeably different . Hammer

1 Like

hahaha no worries, im thinking i might try scrogging when it gets to flowering stage, ive seen a lot of journals on this forum where scrogging looks amazing!!! and people say that it can double your yield?
with the watering, i think my soil is quite dark so in my photos it looks like ive just watered them when they are quite dry, so when people keep saying watch the watering, it freaks me out lol.
so ill go with your rule of thumb, water them until theres a little run off and compare the weight of that to what they are now whilst they’re still dry then i will have a good idea of when to water.

thanks hammer, youve been very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

also for watering, my water comes out of tap about ph 8, so i fill up my little waterer (5L) then slowly add pure lemon juice to it while testing until it gets to about ph5, i cant afford ph down :disappointed:
then i add my fertiliser.
does this sound like a good method?
ill add some photos of my watering process shortly to give a good idea of what im talking about

my supergrow for veg is 10-10-2 and my superbloom for flowering is 1-9-1, are these good?

Lemons higher than pH soln here

1 Like

??? wuh? am i doing it wrong? my ph tester is in photo, tap water comes out purple then as i slowly add lemon juice, goes green then yellow then red, i try to keep it orangy/yellowy color. am i screwing something up? ive got a tds meter but no batteries, maybe i should get some batteries and start using it?

@Paranorman @Paranorman @Hammer @ktreez420 @Blountville

:grin:

I’m pretty sure that the lemon juice is too acidic, causing your pH to drop into the red area. But I could be wrong so don’t quote me or anything lol

Also, I watched a video of the pH comparison of bottled water, as well as things like Gatorade, soda, flavored water, tea, etc.

In the video you see just how acidic most liquids are that we drink. It actually made my stomach hurt thinking about it. No wonder I have acid reflux!

1 Like

I’m not familiar with strips. You need pH up and down soln. If you can’t find it in a Garden center, you can use solns for fish aquariums, but it’s usually small bottles

probably need to lay off the fried tomatoes hahaha just kidding veggie grower :wink:, yea looks like i need to jet to garden store to get a ph up and down… is a TDS meter good for testing ph in water? i have one which i used for another purpose and i think people use it for ph’ing???

thanks for the feedback guys