First grow! 1 medical CBD and 4 THC plants

Too many people helping themselves? Wow I am jealous but don’t know that I can afford to get a house that far from Oklahoma. I would love to visit that area but would have to find out how to get there LOL

I actually have worked with tourism before, in backpacking hostels…
This is a great place to visit/retire, it’s cheap and great weather in general. Good views…
Maybe you can spend a vacation around Medellin sometime, and i will be happy to help you out or suggest stuff to see/do

1 Like

Tus plantas se ven súper bien mi amigo! Yo tengo un plantío también indoor, estoy creciendo 17 plantas en el cuarto de flor y 22 en vegetación por ahorita. Los strains son purple haze, white widow y gorilla glue. Es mi segunda vez cultivando “mota”. En el cuarto de vegetación tengo 2 t5 lights de 400w cada una y en el cuarto de flor tengo 6 750w lights, aire acondicionado de 18,000 BTU, un deshumidificador, 3 abanicos y el tanque de CO2, hasta ahora llevo gastado 10,000 dlls en total. Construí un cloner solo viendo vídeos en YouTube y me gasté como 60 dlls en total y puedo clonar 22 plantas a las vez. Las semillas son muy caras y es un poco difícil estar haciendo ese gasto si se puede clonar pues se clona mejor.

3 Likes

Yo estoy en mi primer cultivo, pero también planeo clonar, la verdad solo he gastado más o menos 300 usd, y por el momento no puedo gastar más…
La idea es mantener 2 o 3 plantas creciendo y floreciendo para uso personal, 2 - 4 personas max.

Tu setup está genial!
Las plantas florecidas se ven muy bien también…
Has usado algún tipo de entrenamiento o las dejas crecer naturalmente?

Les hice topping y low stress training cuando estaban en vegetación, ahorita en flor las trato de mantener lo menos boscosas posible o sea les corto hojas para que le entre más luz a las colas de abajo.

3 Likes

Lolipoping también les hago

3 Likes

Im here thinking what could be the best training technique to try on my plants?
I know that i want to try and top+manifold a couple of them, but the general idea is having the most even canopy possible for 2, possibly 3 weak cheap Chinese leds…
Right now, the lights are covering a 3x2 canopy with 5 plants in it, i used an android Lux meter app to at least try to have all the plants getting the same brightness on the tops, and it shows 20.000 lux at the edges of the canopy area(2x3 feet), everything inside that is a bit higer…
Is the smartphone app any useful to calculate PAR?
Are 20k lux enough? If i get them closer, the edges of the canopy start getting less Lux than 20k.
What is a good training technique to try and keep the plant canopy as compact as possible?

Seems to be mixed results with smartphone apps. I don’t use lux meter either, but the people that use them seem to report about 60,000 lux ideal for flowering.

1 Like

That’s kind of bad news, the app itself won’t show anything over 30k lux for some reason, and getting up there would probably reduce the coverage area to 1x2 feet…
Hopefully the new light gets here in a few weeks

1 Like

Rightnow in heavy gardens website they have the phantom DE 750w for 210 dlls one of that babys will grow your girls healthy and tall.

1 Like

My little girls

3 Likes

I’ve been reading a bit about exhaust filtration, as smell is going to be definitely an issue here in about a month…
Im thinking one of those 110 usd 4 inch iPower inline fan with carbon filter amd a bit of tubing, but maybe someone here knows how to DIY a carbon filter and i would get only the inline fan…
I have 5 plants in a 4x4x6.7 feet tent, with the intake next to a window and the top exhaust sending the air into the house through the room’s door.
Exhaust air filtration is my next step within the next month, and i would love some pointers, tips or articles if any of you guys know about it!

@dmd The 4” will be too small for your tent. The calculation I was taught is HxWxL in your case 4x4x6.7 = 107.2 cubic feet. Now the 4” fan will move this much air and on the surface should be good. I was taught by a member on the sit, wish I could remember who, you need to multiply that number by 4. So to keep odors down you will need something in the 428 cubic foot range. When I did my recalculation and upgraded my fan my odor problem went away.

2 Likes

I read somewhere that the addition of the carbon filter can reduce the inline fan capacity by up to 60%,so i was making calculations with a 210+/- cfm…
But you are right, i probably don’t want to have the inline fan at max power all the time, and a 4 inch filter probably would get clogged pretty fast…

I’ve decided that this will be my light in the future,

i already have a bit over 300w in crappy cheap Chinese blurples, and im expecting a “full spectrum” test one in a few weeks pulling around 195w from the wall…
I have only spent 90 usd on lights so far, on a Phlizon 600w, who actually has been doing great in veg.
A Bestva 1000w from a friend is helping, but not that much, and i got lucky with a Chinese “test” unit from Roleadro, so that’s going to be around 485w from the wall on chinese grow lights…
Im absolutely obsessed by now with an HLG QB.
And for the looks of it, it will save me a lot of electricity covering more area with more powerful light than the 3 chinese combined…

3 Likes

So, according to the temp/humidity meter that came with the Phlizon,
Max/min temp in the last 24 hours: 29/17.9 C
Max/min humidity, last 24 hours: 92%/36%

Has been like that for a few weeks.

But i downloaded an app that uses the temperature and humidity sensor of the phone
(Sony Xperia Z5 Compact, absolutely top of the line unit from a few years ago) and it shows almost exactly the same temperature as the chinese one, but about half the RH…
My question is:
How reliable are those cheap Chinese temperature/humidity meters?
My instinct tells me to trust my phone instead of the Chinese thing…
Probably im wrong…

They’re cheap enough, you could pick up another, see if the one is just going bad. Does it feel wet ever? At 90% RH, it’d be pretty sticky feeling.

2 Likes

I thought that it was that high because of the jungle-ish surroundings of the house, and the fact that it’s been raining every day for a few weeks straight, but now i don’t know…

Ill be getting another one, maybe that’s the best idea…
I ran a half an hour average test with the phone

And the Chinese thing barely moved when i placed it on top of one of the leds for about 15 minutes (i was hoping that on top of the leds would be much less humid, and a lot hotter, but the thing moved only slightly in the expected directions)

I would try a different meter for sure.

2 Likes

Just get the little small ones for your jars when you cure. 2 birds with one stone.

1 Like