First Go Round On Scratch Build

Just some current pics. Fimmed BW1 & Topped BW2, they seemed to be handling it well enough. Decided to put some more light choking on BW2 and push “him” down again. BW2 is much taller and you can tell BW 1 will be much shorter and squatter. Haven’t decided what I’ll actually do if I have 1M/1F. Any comments would be appreciated. Cheers

1 Like

New Beds

Girls have had a couple of stressful days but woke up proud and shining this evening! This is the point where this starting light is just not enough I believe. Looking at the leaves reach high up like that…the outer edges of the light don’t appear to be providing much of anything for these guys. I have ordered a Fissioning 2x2 QB and sent back the viparspectra I had ready and waiting. Hopefully everything goes smooth with shipping and delivery🤞🏼

2 Likes

Haircuts, waters, and a new home to be very soon.

3 Likes

Ended up breaking a main branch on BW2 the other day. Taped and stuck and she never missed a beat. I ended up cutting quite a bit back in hopes of reducing weight and stress on the area and it did well. That got me to thinking…we’ll let’s break BW1 in the same way and see what happens. Well…BW1 did not recover and is now a 3 legged dog, but still trucking. BW2 is a good looking strong girl I’ll post some close ups next time they are out to water and hopefully into a new box.

2 Likes

can I ask you why you cut a few of the leaves on the ends?

@pptrsha1 sorry it’s not a very good pic. A few of the leave tips are folded under where they touch the inside of the box.

1 Like

thank you

BW1
Broken branch never recovered but still looking good I think.

BW2
Broken branch recovered but not completely healed over yet.

Had a little Time To work on the new box…getting very close to moving them…

4 Likes

Don’t know why the pictures are all sideways…sorry😕

Couple under different lighting from earlier this morning (pre trim)

2 Likes

Haven’t used any nutrients yet, but just watered and PPM runoff was ~800. Been slowly dropping last few watering forms ~2000. My seeds and nute shipment never made it so ILGM is resending. Gonna have to make an avail purchase for the next feeding. Hopefully they don’t get screwed up😬

Nutes Ready…went with Black Magic as its locally available and the same soil brand used from the start. New build is basically ready just waiting for a few plug ins and the girls will go in at the next feeding. This was such a fun build and have more plans as time and funds allow. I’ll post some pics of the build and ladies at next feed.

1 Like

I love DIY repurpose everything I can too

1 Like

BW1

BW2…I’m really hoping those are the start of some pre flowers.

Both got their first feedings today and placed in a bigger home. I smoked a bit too much while building this and have way more time into this than any normal person probably should but it was pretty Fun for sure. They need trims but want to give them a day or 2 while adjusting the lights before doing much else. Next problem I have to figure out is hos to transplant again. I think they need bigger pots but obviously limited. If I end up with 1 female that will be easy to solve but 2 might be tricky. Anyways for now I’m happy.

2 Likes

Couple of pics from this morning post trim and feed. They got really droopy on me and I’m hoping that resolves fairy quick. I’m still light on the nutes cause I didn’t want to fry them so PPM was 350 today and I’ll go to 500 or so next feed. Also definately gonna have to put them in bigger containers I think. They smell absolutely wonderful in the new home. Anybody do anything with their trimmings. I’ve been saving them and drying them out…not sure why but meh.
QB is 20”
78deg
50% RH
Black Magic 350ppm @6.0 PH
Anyways enjoy and appreciate any feedback. Thanks

1 Like

@BetrayedSoul I found it I think

Ok following now

A bit of a paranoid moment

QB was a little close and too intense. Raised light, turned down to min for 24hrs then set to 50%. Repotted to larger repurposed baskets and then relaxed again. Meantime before next feeding I’ll be picking up some cal mag to add to the regiment and I’ve already made a tea with molasses and steeped the dried trimmings I’ve been collecting. Came out to 3200PPM @ 7.9PH. Next time I’ll measure just the steeped trimmings to see what the PPM is before adding the molasses. Also gonna research any other stuff to start adding. This is getting pretty damn fun for sure😊

2 Likes

Girls are growing like weeds now that they have settled. Really hoping to be able to sex them soon so I know how much space I’m gonna have. Keep checking but not sure I’m seeing anything yet.

In the meantime my ILGM seeds arrived and I dropped those. Within 24 hrs 5/6 popped and 48hrs later the 6th one did too. Off to a good start can’t wait to apply lessons learned on these guys.

2 Likes