First Go Round On Scratch Build

Evening all,
Great source of info here and look forward to learning from everyone. Been reading as much as possible and finally about to get things rolling. Here’s a pic of a couple Brandywine Hybrids popping. Couple of nice unexpected finds in a recent purchase. Waiting for my beginner pack of feminized seeds to arrive…figured I’d get my boxes dialed in now with these unknowns:+1:I’ll post some pics of my setup here shortly. What an exciting time!

4 Likes

Here’s a picture after a few more evening mods of my starter box. Hopefully Smaller fluctuations on temp and humidity now🤷🏼‍♂️

2 Likes

These ladies “:crossed_fingers:t3:“ are looking much better than any other seeds I’ve had germinate at this point!

1 Like

Inside of the starter box

3 Likes

Love the build, took a lot of thought.

1 Like

Nice box!!! Love the ingenuity of it all! How tall is it? Do they go full term in the “starter” box or is there another build in place for that, or a finished area?

What’s your plan for nutrients in the soil? Have you thought about organics? Have you thought about making your own living?

I ask you these questions not to pester or discourage you but what I’ve learned over time is, if your not thinking ahead your already behind

1 Like

This is a small 1x2x2 box & 30w cheapo LED. I have a larger 4x4x3 build that I plan to move them too as the time comes that has a 600w dimmable viaspectra LED. Jiffy starter pellets, Black magic soil. Nutrients ordered along with seeds from ILGM.

3 Likes

Welcome very neat setup you got there.

1 Like

Having a 3 foot tall box to grow in isn’t a good idea. Unless you want to keep the plants under 18” tall. You want a min 6’ tall.

The plants can produce more. You have better clearance between the light and the plants. Lastly this tall of a space will allow you to go in and clean it if that is what you want to do.

Just food for thought @AKMechanecks. Outside that, nice set up.

2 Likes

Thanks Mr Peat! I’m restricted on height and so the big box could only be 3 ft deep, 4 ft wide, 4 ft tall. Sorry should have explained that better. I’m gonna try and see what I can do about manipulating 2 plants to fill up the box and try to keep the ladies squatting.

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM @AKMechanecks
As a newbee I’ll be following your grow…I’m still in prep mode so all info no matter how trivial it may seem is great for new members
Good luck and a happy grow
Longon :seedling::seedling:

@Longon for sure👍🏼

Here’s a pic this morning. Brandywine #2 caught up overnight! Still struggling keeping humidity at 40%

1 Like

So after much constant manipulation I can get temps between 78-80 with humidity at 40% and a constant draw of fresh air by misting all walls and working with fan speed, but this only lasts approx 1/2 hr before humidity drops and temps start climbing. Obviously not good enough. Looking at adding a small USB powered personal humidifier inside the box to see if I can dial everything in consistent with ambient temp outside of the box. I’ll let you guys know what I decide and whether it meets my expectations. Any other thoughts, suggestions?

1 Like

cool man, I cant wait to see how it all pans out, ill be watching :face_with_raised_eyebrow: … kettle

1 Like

Couple of pics of the big girl box. Waiting for a little free time and a few more components to arrive to do some more work. Really hoping I can get a couple of ladies to grow under restricted height and still produce.

4’ tall
4’ wide
3’ deep

Thanks @SeaSeaside_guy1 Kinda hodgepodge For now, but once I get everything dialed in I’ll rebuild a clean box🤙🏼

Thanks @kellydans!

1 Like

you can do it man, I have %100 faith in you, keep everything high and top early and often? your favorite strains a sativa, right?:grimacing::face_with_raised_eyebrow::wink:

Need duct in duct out. Keep airflow moving

@PharmerBob the starter box has a small fan pulling Fresh air into the box. The fan forces air to expel at the top of the box. Big girl box will have an in-line fan and be completely filtered.

1 Like