First Germination

Been 6 days, did straight into dirt and nothing yet, should I give them more days or start over?

3 Likes

They look a bit wet to me. You may be starting over.

2 Likes

how deep did you plant the seeds?

1 Like

1 inch into the dirt

I think that may be part of the problem. I’m no expert but I think it’s only supposed to be 1/8 to 1/4 in in the soil. @dbrn32 or @MattyBear May be able to help with this more. I’m sure they will help out.

4 Likes

Look over the Guides. Lots of info there. Most soak the seeds or use the paper towel method until the taproot shows. Not many just throw them in dirt. They may sprout eventually. Won’t hurt to wait.
:v:

5 Likes

Thanks I’m going to wait and see on these and start a few more just Incase and plant them only a half inch into the soil.

1 Like

Thank you

I will try the soak method in the next batch

1 Like

@Sj2019 - Here is a good read to get you started.

Bergmans Grow Bible

Welcome to the Forum

:v:

4 Likes

Ya, I put mine just deep enough that they can be covered after it has tap.

3 Likes

@Sj2019 Hey there mate,

I found this guide to be of great help. I added the link for you
Download the free Marijuana Grow Bible

1 Like

Can’t go wrong with the grow bible! That’s what got me started. Then I found this forum :sunglasses:

1 Like

It really is a great read & to use as a reference base

1 Like

You should plant them at 1/4 inch. I would advise reading Roberts guide to growing. It might help you to avoid a future issues. Good Luck with your grow

1 Like

I have always started my seeds directly in soil @Sj2019 with goid results. I use one if those seed starting trays most garden companies sell with the automatic water wicking mats and the clear humidity cover. The soil does stay wet so once they have sprouted with the first set if leaves i take them off the wicking mat. I do a pre soak in straight water for 24 hrs and then plant in the tray system at about a 1/4 in depth and some seeds have taken 7-10 days so i would wait they should sprout.

1 Like

If it were me, I would very carefully scrape away at the dirt with a spoon until you see the seed. Then, carefully grab it with tweezers (in case it has a root started), lift it out, put the dirt back and replant it in a shallower hole.

2 Likes

I found when starting off you have to build an inqubator and create a green house enviroment so you can get the most from the light, temp, with a heating mate and the plants have to be just the right distance from the best grow lights you can get I like black magic and a 75 watt LED bulb to set the stage for at least 16 hours per day. And you have to spray the seeds not water.

This is my first time and my journal is getting to be a book.

2 Likes

I did and 1 of the 3 have sprouted

3 Likes

All 3 have now come up thank you for the advice

4 Likes