First FIM attempt! Thoughts?

Plants are both Barney’s Farm Photos, both 40 days old, green tag is a Wedding Cake and the other a Runtz Muffin. Both grown in Coast of Maine with only two treatments of (1ml/gal) Fishsh!t so far. Hoping to clone off both of these after fimming / topping recovery. Followed @Nicky fimming video and diagram so I’m hoping I did this right. Did not have any intentions of doing this when I did but after a morning meditation…I got the balls!
I’m using a 1350 Vipraspectra as a veg lamp set at 80% veg / 45% bloom and it’s frozen at 48” off the floor so I’m attempting to bush them out as height in this tent is an issue. I have a Gorilla 5x5 for bloom!

5 Likes

Looks like a perfect fim to me!

2 Likes

Remember to post pics with flash on grow lights off, hard to see but looks good I also think it’s a successful fim :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip Nicky!

2 Likes

The cool thing is, the worse than can happen is you end up with a topped plant. I was successful with 4 of my 6 this go around

1 Like

I hear you! That was my fall back, almost like you can’t lose…but I like the idea of knowing how and when to do this! Nice tool!

1 Like

How do you like the fishsh!t?

I’ve heard good things about it.

1 Like

Now in the future you can expose just those center most leaves and clip them, your plant will recover very fast. Well done!

I use a pair of tweezers

3 Likes

Well, I’m a newbie and I like it but really have nothing to compare it to. I know @Nicky has used it as well as others so he might be able to give you a much better opinion. My guys at the hydro shop love it and highly recommend it! Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for the information! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Looks like a successful operation doc.

1 Like

Thanks BUD! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Most impressive product I have tried in 2 years.

2 Likes

Nice! Its the only thing you use? Looking for something relatively low maintenance. (Lol. Yeah right!)

But yep, I keep hearing so many good things about it. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s a beneficial bacteria product, that’s how I use it.
I also run a dry nutrient, silica, and AN’s big bud.
The root development is proof enough.

2 Likes

WOW! That’s truly impressive! :heavy_check_mark:
Pot sock?

1 Like

Yeah they are fabric socks lined with copper that go over a fabric pot to avoid roots getting through them

1 Like

Right. Did you use them?

Yeah, a must! Lol

1 Like

Then what’s up with all the roots outside the fabric pot? Lol. You’ve got me a little confused.
Did they get out above the sock?
Also, I tagged you in my journal. Will be transplanting into the 5gal spring pot Autopot. Might even put an extra air dome in one. 100% Canna Coco.