First ever scrog advice needed please

hi @TDubWilly I’m doing my first ever scrog and saw your topic on scrog just new to growing I never lollipop before I switched did some defoliation can you give me any advice when I come to defoliate when end of stretch is over as I got so far and don’t really want to take to much away and stress them
also your scrog looks the bees knees as we would say in the UK hope I can get mine to look as good

1 Like

I’m only on my third grow too, my friend. :slight_smile:

My advice to you would be to do what you feel comfortable with, which is kind of sucky advice, but it’s all I have. With the different strains in the mix you might have to train them more or less depending on what they are doing. I would continue to train them until they won’t let you anymore, personally.

1 Like

sorry about the spelling mistakes it’s the prediction on my phone it’s a nightmare
thanks for the advice that’s kind of what I’m doing going with the flow if I go by the seed bank timescale the northern lights x chronic takes 56-63 days in flower and girl scout cookies are 63-70 days I will go by triclones bit think I be harvesting them at different times just wished I lollipop them before I switched 12/12 but hey we live and learn because taking the whole lot underneath the canopy, netting away at end of stretch might be a little to much and stress them

My advice is same as boglegs lol. You should just jump right in and get after it! You will learn so much from only one grow!

My goal: I try to keep every cola turned horizontal and everything under the net gets trimmed.

2 Likes

cheers @TDubWilly experiment I will every new grow I learn something new guess that aim of the game, watch this space I soon be growing cup winning bud
thanks to everyone who posted on here all advice is taken

1 Like

Hey @g-reg. To give you an idea of what I am trying to do with my SCROG this go around, here are some pics. The first one is from Monday night. I had just returned from a 5 day trip, so the plant hadn’t had any training for that time. I tied her down as best I could to the screen last week before I left. This is one plant in an 8ga DWC reservoir. It’s a blackberry kush (indica dominant), and is almost through three weeks of flower:

I spent a half an hour tying her down last night, and another 45 minutes this morning doing the same thing (all the while removing any fan leaves that are blocking buds or are lying on top of other fan leaves):

I’m not trying for big colas. I am trying for a whole mess of golf ball sized nugs and as little larf as possible.

4 Likes

@Bogleg well your plant looks amazing and can say your doing a good job
I’m hoping to get as many bud sites as I can get ain’t we all and as long as they all produce fine bud I will be glad and fell proud of what I accomplished
Don’t mean to sound daft but what do you mean by larft never herd this term in the UK

1 Like

Larf = the popcorn bud and underdeveloped buds we normally find on the lower portions of our plants in indoor grows - they just don’t get enough light; hence one of the main reasons people do things like SCROG.

1 Like

…but a decent high while waiting for the good stuff to dry/cure lol

I was just commenting on my own grow about how much popcorn I ended up with. I need to do more trimming this go around.

2 Likes

My last grow I ended up with 4 one gallon bags of trim and larf from my super silver haze. :frowning:

1 Like

I understand now never her it named that before popcorn term is used all the time here in UK yes I remove them if they don’t make it to the scrog
can’t wait to start seeing them beautiful flowers take form and grow

1 Like

hi peeps haven’t posted go a while @Bogleg @Smokin_ernie @elheffe702 @ just wondered I have some plants that seem a bit behind other I’m on day 16 of flower try to put looks in I need to resize them but it’s like 3 plants arnt at the same stage as other 3

Could be a number of factors that would cause plants to grow at different rates, but the most common one for platns that are the same strain is just different phenotypes. My first grow I had 6 plants all of the same strain and 4 of them grew the same height, while 2 of them stretched twice as much as the other four. This is one of the reasons a multi-plant scrog is sometimes difficult to manage.