First ever grow NZ

Yes, you can flower with it

1 Like

Welcome along @geraldjc1
As you can see I’m brand new but with the help from here it takes any guess work out of the equation.

Another thing ticked off the apprentice list, bent 2 branches and 1 broke so out with the electrical tape.
Does this count as the start of damaging plant addiction @Arrow :joy:

Think this Skunk is starting to show some signs of change. Last auto to fire but may well pass the others.

4 Likes

You will see that branch respond now…more nutes to the colas…it may be an auto but you should still see the difference…nice surgery work…your plants are looking very good …:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Thank you brother. I enjoy watching your magic :pray:

1 Like

Question: Just dropped 4 photo seeds to eventually go in 4 x 4. Ive been using 5gal cloth pots which I really like but want to vege these photos for a decent amount of time to grow bigger plants.
Should I go to 7gal will that help?
@Covertgrower @Hellraiser @repins12
Thank you :pray:

1 Like

In my humble opinion yes. I grow my autos in 5gal and sometimes they don’t seem to be enough. I had to up pot my Blackberry Gum auto to a 10gal. Again just my opinion. I’m sure that you could make do with the 5gal but personally I would go with the bigger pot :v:

2 Likes

Thank you my friend I just needed your input.
Hope you are doing well and all the best from New Zealand. We have 2 weeks to wait before we get results of cannabis referendum we just voted on at our election on Sat. Heres hoping common sense will prevail and stop this nonsense.

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool keep us up to date. You don’t always get to hear about new laws voting for in other countries.

You’ll see a difference in opinion to what size to grow in. For me, 5 gallon seems to just fine to me. I recently went down to 3.75 gallon in plastic containers. I needed more containers, and plastic was sourced cheapest locally.

3 Likes

Depends on how big the plants will be and how often you want to water. I like to grow them big (as you’ve seen LOL), so I use 7 gal pots minimum, even with 7 gal pots my current blue dreams need watering every other day. I wish I had went with 10 gal pots on them. But most people would get by just fine with 5 gals.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. Might do 2 in 5s and 2 in 7s.

1 Like

Holding thumbs for you brother… It eventually happened in SA…it will probably take another 150 years to get it all written down…but they not locking everybody up anymore…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Bit of a defol last night but pretty perky this morning.

Got some nice healthy tails using the paper towel method and 100% too.

3 Likes

This is the photo I bent 2 branches on a one snapped. Was just going for the knuckle/nutrient effect but now Im thinking Id like to ooen it up a bit. @Arrow is it too late to have a bit of a play? One consideration might be the fact its from a hermied branch off last grow so would that put too much stress on the plant and higher chance of hermie again? Thank you.

3 Likes

Up until the second week of flower is playtime :joy::joy: you must be patient, and soften the stem up properly, roll it between your fingers while pressing. The insides must ‘snap/pop’ while the skin remains intact. Go for it…spread that plant out. Hermie’s are more a genetic trait than anything else, although light and stress do play their part. The chances of the plant turning out to be female are very slim…don’t beat yourself on that…rather use the opportunity to hone your skills and call it a win…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Hows it @Fergus. Im a kiwi as well from the far north. Just been flicking through your thread nice mahi bro. I’ve got a bit of a problem though…I want to get some nice fem seeds but am unsure of where to purchase from. Did you order from over seas?

Cheers

1 Like

Hey mate
Look up coffee shop seeds they deliver to NZ.

1 Like

Mean cheers bro…I’ve only ever grown in our Northland summers with good results but am looking on going hard all year lol. Is this where you get your seeds from? Ever have any problems with customs?

1 Like

There are several that ship here. Its a lottery if they get stopped or not 50/50

1 Like

Starting a bit of bending this morning @Arrow even got the pop going first.

3 Likes