I’m out here trimming the bottom canopies of two large plants. The Gooberry had a lot of buds touching water during watering cycle. I trimmed those off to open up the center a ton and get some airflow. Before trimming I couldn’t see ground OR center stalk.
Tired of going.out every few hours and moving buckets to water. I only had 2 buckets with holes so it was a lot of babying.
Went out this morning and drilled 4 more buckets to have holes. Now have them all filled and watering. Done for the day. Things like this make a big difference for me.
HD girls looking good , I feel for you dealing with the heat ,and you convinced me to use tomatoe racks next year ,I like your idea on wrapping the tops for sun cover , but Im going find the tallest ones and throw a burlap bag over them in triple digits , great job on the grow for the rough enviroment you have .
Some might have pulled all the girls but 2, but I need to see this through and see what can be done even in the face of catastrophe. I am doing this as a test for myself to prove it can be done in my environment. If I can get a few bowls of smoke from it I am good to go.
The other goal I have for myself is to see through the process all the way to end. Including deaths and random watering issues. I want to start doing this to provide smoke for myself and cut down on future costs budget wise.
This last one Gooberry is giving me worry now. With last nights rain 2 buds have dropped all the way to the ground…wondering if I should trim off the 2 side branches and let energy go to the top and other non contact branches.
Found these on my 2 biggest plants. Picked off and killed about five of them. Trying to identify and get a natural solution that isnt a hardcore chemical. I run organic farm so literally cannot use that stuff. Mosquitos nets were mentioned. I have some fine netting I will try to use. Worried about trapping any living ones inside though.
Hey thanks @bob31. Re topics I did read them. Just got done reading up also on bt-k and it will work for me just fine. Might even look into it for my tomatoes and lettuce as I grow those and this chemical is OMRI listed.
Think I will be able to nip this one immediately before too much damage is done. Great community here.
Ordered some caterpillar death on amazon as @Niala suggested and am waiting the two days for arrival.
In the meantime I drove around for 5 hrs looking for it locally and found nada. This organic been oil spray was on sale though. I hope it makes the leaves taste horrible for the caterpillars until their death arrives.
The new drip system at 4gph dripping away happily.
I have been researching drdrip emitters and I have learned 2 things.
Pressure comp drip heads suck for very low PSI systems like my gravity fed IBC tote.
The more gph the larger the hole the less prone to clogs…hmm…duh I guess!
I bought 4gph drippers and installed them in a brand new line. Kicking out my concentric circles from he’ll and a 50 foot lead of half inch drip. Dang. Could have used old holes but the removal of barb caused each emitter to drip so had to swap to new main line.
So basically this plant was annoying me with its questionable herm status and also how much popcorn fluff was developing under canopy after fixing watering issue. I decided to castrate the lowers and harvest the popcorn for bubble later. This is likely against better judgement and is for sure jumping the gun but I am a great sufferer of worry so it is all good.