First ever grow - GG4 harvest

I ended up getting 4oz on my first grow. I don’t think I broke any records but I think it’s a nice amount considering having to cut her in half during early veg and starving her for good portion of the flowering stage. I used my fridge in the garage turn down on the lowest setting with a fan inside to do the first weeks cure and then broke her out into four full Mason jars, the size you drink tea from.

After consuming some that had been cured for about 3 days now, I’m actually excited with myself and really thankful to the folks on this site. Although I didn’t come out with as much as I probably could have I think the important part is that I learned at least two things in each stage I can be better on next time. Hopefully with my next big commission check I can get another light and go a little crazy on the seed store website. :smiling_face:

I have a ton of larf and sugar leaves that I’m not sure what to do with. I found some advice that says to brush it all into a mason jar and freeze it so the trichomes will knock off easier. What does everyone else do with their leftovers?

7 Likes

Congratulations on your harvest you can make edibles from the larf canna butter, coco butter and alcohol tincture to name a few @blackthumbbetty has a thread on here for edibles check it out

3 Likes

Nice harvest. Make some nice brownies . As dirtydave said. :bat:

3 Likes

Hey congrats of harvest, it seems like it takes so long lol. Agree with above de-carb your larf buds and make edibles. Wife not a big smoker but she loves harvest time because of all the extra and we make brownies, cookies, chocolate all kinds of goodies. Nothing beats a slow day a work when you can eat a brownie and get paid for it lol. O yeah 4 oz from 1 plant cured and dried isn’t bad at all, congrats again

4 Likes

Yeah! Don’t you just love it when a plan and community come together?! Congrats on the Happy Harvest :blush:

4 Likes

Freeze right after cure… later I make dry ice hash out of it and press for rosin then make moon rocks and smoke them :joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I use pressed rosin bag for edibles :grin::grin:

3 Likes

I infuse oils with my trim. Gg is xtra potent and makes great edibles.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first harvest 4 zips is solid work.
My poor freezer is loaded with quart jars of trim.

My plan is to run the trim through screens to collect the trichomes and make hand rolled hash.
I have the material and the screens. Now I need to follow through with step 3.

2 Likes

@Never_Legendary Congrats on your first haul!! At least now during your second grow you can toke away on your own and enjoy what’s to come.

My buddy takes all my scraps/clippings and extracts to make butter and then he cooks up whatever.

2 Likes

2 months later… :stuck_out_tongue: sorry for the delay in responding. I’ve been stoned the whole time LOL

How do you press yours? I really wanted to do that but those machines are stupid expensive. I ended up smoking 2.5oz in a month and then turned the rest in to edibles. I’m really not big on the weed flavor and so I have to choke down a brownie and WAY prefer smoking. Curious how to make my own moon rocks :star_struck:

Well well well looksies what’s we gots ourselves here lol. Another wake n bake in a space full of…well I’m sure you know the rest lmao. Welcome back!!

LOL I’d like to blame it on my husband but that’s allll me :rofl: I just prefer joints. There’s something about the whole picking, grinding, rolling sequence that adds to the stress relief, ya know? :smoking: :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Never_Legendary I do. I love my bong with a neck full of ice.

I make dry ice hash out of it. Then I Decarb it and use one of those not super expensive presses. The one I have was $500 but I think it’s less than $400 now

2 Likes

Here’s a quick link , didn’t watch the whole thing but it’ll get ya there HOW TO MAKE DRY ICE HASH! LOOK AT THAT ROSIN!!! HOW TO MAKE IT YOURSELF AT HOME! - YouTube

1 Like

At the end for moon rocks. Heat the rosin and roll your buds in it. Then roll in keif.
Bammm! moon rocks
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:
Some people use rso for moon rocks but not my thing.
It’s a process that’s why it’s expensive :white_check_mark::evergreen_tree:

1 Like