First ever grow. Can’t do it without you guys. Pls help

Very first grow. I’ve spoken to some of you guys before starting but seeds were already in water and had to plant without my exhaust fan in yet and some have said my tent is too small. Will be ordering a taller tent once these take off. Planted in soil 4/14/20.
My tent is a 2x2x4.
Mars hydro ts600.
Soil is fox farm ocean forest.
Exhaust coming in Tuesday because of delayed shipping due to covid19.
For now I’m using my 6 inch clip on fan to blow in air from the top vent or else the temp goes up to 95+.
I have fox farm nutes but haven’t used any.
Water PH 6.3.
Humidifier is also coming tomorrow.
I have ph meter and ppm meter and ph up&down.
I have cal mag but haven’t used.

I’m having trouble with the temp because of tent size/no exhaust fan and light produces a lot of heat. Temp is 80-85 degrees and humidity is 20%. Hopefully humidifier and exhaust fan will help. Planted two seeds in 5 gallon fabric pots because I had two seeds in a paper towel and both tap roots came out and I didn’t want to throw out one. Will upgrade to a bigger tent soon and someone told me it would be good to plant both as insurance incase one failed. I’ve started a few other topics but this will be my first grow journal.

One seedling is all green and looks good but one had tiny yellow tips and now looks a lighter green compared to my other one. I’m not sure if it’s because temp and rh isn’t where it should be at or if the light is too strong (it’s at the highest I could tie up, probably could go alittle higher) or because I heard ffof soil is hot soil but my other seedling is fine. Confused. first grow, I know I’m off to a rough start but any advise will help. Pls tag anyone else or feel free to jump in and help :grin: @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Bogleg @Not2SureYet @Myfriendis410 @TheAccused

10 Likes

Yea, dont use nutes yet, with that soil u wont need em for like a month, humidity needs to come up n temp down n u got that working out, these other guys r way more experienced than I but u look like u got everything covered brother

5 Likes

You probably know already but with FF OF don’t add nutrients until later in Veg when you can get runoff readings. Do you have a journal, if not you should consider starting one.

7 Likes

This is his grow journal lol

5 Likes

I thought this was my journal lol

3 Likes

I’m glad u tagged me, I wanna get that soil also, I’ve not used it b4

1 Like

Nope, it’s under beginners, not grow journal. I can change to journal if you want me to.

5 Likes

Yes please do. I tried to change it but it didn’t let me lol

1 Like

It’s not a big deal only thing is if someone is looking under journals it won’t show up under journals. I went ahead and changed it to grow journal. :+1:

6 Likes

I guess you’ll see how this goes lol tired of buying and not legal where I’m at. So trying to do some small grows on the low lol

3 Likes

Should I be concerned about the lighter green one?

Being able to change titles and move threads is something you will be able to do after you become a regular member. They have a graduated system that allows members to have more abilities after you get to certain usage levels. :+1:

6 Likes

Not legal here either, n I just dove into this head first and blind folded, now I’ve got about 1.3k dollars worth of stuff in my grow room, n the first 40 days I spent hours everynight online just absorbing information lol

4 Likes

Lol so was I and I got hyped up from all these posts and threw my seeds in water and my tent was still in the middle of shipping lol what state do u live in?

3 Likes

Lighter green is usually new growth. But it looks like there’s a little nutrient burn on tips. Not sure if you should be to worried yet. You’ve tag people that will be able to say if you can do anything about it at this point.

4 Likes

Yea I thought nute burn too from other posts I’ve seen on bigger plants but my other one is looking fine. So I was confused. Hopefully they don’t die on me lol

I live in Arkansas…and yea there so young, my babies I moisten the dirt before i plant n use the humidity dome for the first week instead of watering…but I agree with @Bulldognuts u got some good help in here for sure, some of my ilgm favorites anyway lol

1 Like

Perhaps it’s the nutes in the ffof soil, if that’s the case idk what u cld do

2 Likes

Yea tagged the big homies lol

2 Likes

I use a 50/50 mix of FF OF and FF Coco Loco. I’ve great results with mixture. I know that some members have had issues with OF burning seedlings.

5 Likes