First ever grow/bag seed grow

Youre welcome haha. I started and didnt know a thing but I have learned so much.

I saw a few clover mites in my box so I sprayed with dish soap and water. Now im noticing a lot of yellow spots on my leaves. Any ideas?

I’m glad I could help haha. c:

Things took a turn for the worst… so many leaves dried and crumbled… I think its calcium deficiency. I did some emergency trimming. If I mix a small bit of milk in next time I water will it help?

How do I check the humidity? The temp is always 70 degrees F. Im currently waiting for a ph meter. Ill adjust the lights for now and ill spray more often to keep it more humid.

My ph has to be off, but I havent been able to get a meter yet. My oldest girl isn’t doing well… so many leaves just dried and like crumbled off.

Speaking of pools…

you can get a pH kit for a few dollars at any pool supply store or an aquarium store, it will help on many levels!

2 Likes

Are the meters for soil different? I wanted to grab one for each.

That I don’t know? I test what goes in and the runoff but I do have one of those Spike type multimeters somewhere but I wouldn’t really trust them, hopefully someone else will know

try this if you cant wait on that ph pen …flush with distilled water, it ph out at 6.7- 7.0 ph 2-3 times volume of H2O AS to the size of the container … add a couple of teaspoons of peroxide the the water "per Gallon…if you can get cal -mag add it as well… aslo use this to Wash the plants off both side’s of the leaf’s mites won’t like the peroxide at all. you plants will .plus itll help so they don’t drown …H

2 Likes

Interesting thread, I hope things work out for you cause it really looked like things were starting to come a long way since you started. As everyones saying, ph is most likely the issue as it usually is with most problems. Buy a water ph tester off amazon or ebay if the store is taking too long to stock, you can even get express shipping for extra cost. Test the ph of the water you are watering them with, and then test the ph of the run off that is coming out of the bottom of your pots after watering. You want both ph’s tp be around 6-6.5
I would suggest going online and buying a ph up/down kit also. There are other things you can use to raise and lower ph but for a first times the easiest thing would be to buy proper ph up/down. Goodluck and I hope things start to look better

Also, your leaves look extremely light green. Was there any nutrients in the soil you potted them in or was it a seed starting mix with next to no nutrient content?

I could be wrong, but judging by the colour, I’d say it’s ready for a very small amount of nutes but not until your ph is sorted out. Usually when you add nutes to water it drops the ph and makes it more acidic, so take that into account when adding them, test the ph of solution before you water plants and add something to either drop or raise ph to 6.5

1 Like

I’ve been using bicarbonate (bicarb) soda to raise ph. Cheap and easy to get from any supermarket. Half a tea spoon will raise ph from 5.5 to around 7. Just add little bits and keep testing till you get to 6.5. Always shake bottle well before watering after adding bicarb

1 Like