First ever grow and kit

Thanks, I’m actually getting myself motivated and transplanting the nicer one into gallon mesh here today. The smaller one is the last one I germinated and showing signs of possibly being a good one to. The rest I’m holding on for a minute. I got 6 twenty20 Mendocino seeds in germ now. 3 girl crush and 3 made of honor.
Also one of the guys that works at local hydroponic store is a licensed farmer. He just gave me a few that I have in germ that a friend of his breed called Washington mac1. But what I’m really holding out for is the blue dream he has in plugs right now. Basically I’m going to choose the best looking of 5 to keep since I only got a 5x5 tent and put rest in woods or something. .

1 Like

Ok guys I just transferred all 5 fem zkittlzz to gallon size mesh bags and watered. Jacked my light to 70 percent approximately 2 ft above which reads around 775 ppf and 50 dli. Set my CO2 to 1000 ppm with a 200 deadband.
The 3 made of honor seeds from twenty20 Mendocino have germinated and put in soil. I got them as close to wall of tent as possible and would read approx 250-high 200s. Here are some pics hopefully I’m on target here. Oh and the other little pots are lemon sprouts.
@Bonjoyle @Storm @anon72256435 @Dexterado
@AL_GREEN

1 Like

While I’m at it… How do I test the run off ? Any run off is like coffee colored and has soil in it. Am I supposed to buy coffee filters or something? Then wouldn’t mess with the ppm count? The soil I use is going to be good for awhile but I’m thinking I might want to veg these for as long as I can . I’m sure at some point I’m going to need to start using nutes.

Good news! I just saved money by switching away from gieco. :joy: It’s not the good news and I’m being silly but is true .
Anyway I just realized how far off my timeline is. My first pic of seedlings was only 22 days ago so the 3 medium sized girls are really close to a month old, not close to the 6 weeks as I somehow felt it was. ( Thanks 2 this forum and date of pictures on phone) The one doing significantly better than rest is only about 3 weeks and the smaller one is under that.
There is a visable difference in all of them since i transferred to gallon mesh , ramped up light to 70 percent / 775 ppfd/ 50 dli, ramped up CO2 to 1000 ppm , and watered with a little micro. They look so much more perky/alive/ and can even see growth in last couple days . :+1:

2 of my " made of honor" sprouted. One about an inch or so higher that had what I think is referred to as helmet head? I carefully as possible broke it off. The other is also a helmet but is barely at top of soil, going to let it go for awhile and hopefully she will loose on her own. Of course I planted more shallow than I did with zkittlzz.

Even lemon seedlings are taking off well.
Soil is still a little moist will wait a day or 2 before watering again.
Yeee-freaking-haaaw let’s go…oh I mean let’s grow :joy:

1 Like

@anon72256435 @Storm @Bonjoyle @Beginner3400 @AL_GREEN
Just topped a couple of my girls. Other 3 need another node or 2 to go before I top. But they all seem to be cooperating now and look pretty happy and perky. Nodes are possibly a little tight together. Is that an issue? They will grow out and stretch more as they grow right?

Topped the bigger ones in the back. These two . And ate em :laughing: taste great so far :yum:

3 Likes

My 3 made of honor from twenty20 Mendocino and 1 Washington mac1 sprouts are doing their thing to! :+1:

1 Like

I topped 2 of mine. Next grow I’m going too them all

1 Like

How do you get around testing the run off water? Mine is like coffee with allot of dirt in it. Do you run it through a coffee filter or something?

Thank you, As always I appreciate your feedback, help, and suggestions. :+1:

1 Like

I’m with @anon72256435 just put the meter in the run off and clean

1 Like

@JustNikki this is my journal . Started out a little slow and stressed as all hell. :joy: But things are starting to look like they are going good.

Just hit 3 toppings and a possibly fim on my bigger girl. Topped 2 more off from another. Will wait a few more days to top the other 3 girls.
1 seedling of made of honor ( twenty20 Mendocino) is burnt from to much light, 1 is hanging in there , and one is shinning. Soon to be transferred into 1 gall. Mesh
My Washington mac1 is doing o.k and soon to be transferred into 1 gall mesh as well. :+1:

2 Likes

Yesterday or day before morning was first time feeding using fox farm products. Used a little less than suggested for the feeding schedule veg week 3. Will be watering twice and feeding once again next week. Will be repeating week 4 for as long as I can . 3-7 more weeks?

@Newt hey I hope you don’t mind dragging you over here to my journey.
This is my first grow and can use a little help with someone experienced with fox farm as I just started feeding a day or 2 ago.
Also I know you stated I can get in touch with fox farm via email but I lost my cool and told them off over something just yesterday.
Try to make this as short as possible… So I got their dirty dozen and just opened a few of the bottles to feed. Put them back in the box and later noticed a pool of liquid on my table. Discovered that one of the lids was faulty and didn’t have the top cover in lid that covers the little hole at top of bottle . for just one of the 4 I opened. More than half the liquid of the " boomerang" leaked out and messed up my tv remote and some other things in the process.
So I took pictures and called fox farm . Guy on phone said if I had pictures and provided proof of purchase to email it to them and they would probably send me out a whole new dirty dozen. I said I don’t even need all that , but I would at least like the boomerang and a couple things that didn’t come in dirty dozen that is recommended in your feeding schedule like " cal-mag and kelp" etc. (For inconvenience and ruined remote I have to replace, minimal and not the whole kit I thought I was being cool and asking little/minimal at least compared to a whole kit like offered right?
So I emailed them with pictures of mess, the items it ruined, and receipts of purchase.
I received an email back saying that they won’t do anything cause it was bought through Amazon and I should take it up with them. That’s not what I was told on the phone and that’s pretty damned petty for a big million dollar plus company to do to a piss poor broke guy like myself, thats just trying to have a positive hobby. Shit I just broke myself and went in debt spending 3k on a light , 5x5 tent with co2 , meters, controllers, and all that happy shit. They even know this… So needless to say that my response to that was very nasty .
So that’s my little negative experience and I wouldn’t trust anything they tell me from here on out. Especially after that petty crap and I’m sure they didn’t like my response. :joy:

Anyway . Think I’m decently on track now, but as a newbie I’m always interested to hear feedback from others with more experience.

1 Like

Wow. I haven’t had to deal with them directly. Other than a question about usage, and that was quick and informative.

And I don’t mind a bir being “dragged over here”. :rofl:

I’ll answer any question I can, but really, I just follow the schedule as printed.

Cool, yeah I appreciate. Here’s where things gets a little mixed up. The kit deal I got came with sohum soil which is specifically made for cannabis. Really just needs water and then ff tiger bloom that you of course add in flowering stage. But I assume that’s for your typical grow of like 12 or so weeks. I’m not doing autos, I’m doing photo ( zkittlzz fem) (made of honor fem) and I’m going to veg and flower for as long as I possibly can filling up my tent fully. So I would imagine the nutes in sohum soil would run out before then, actually for the one plant that’s doing really significantly better than the rest it’s already running out.
Ok so I was planning on just doing a little bit lower dose of recommended and testing run off at least for now and in the one gallon mesh. But when I transfer into 5 gallon I’ll be introducing fresh sohum soil. So I’m really at a loss for when do I flush ? Being my situation of mentioned above. Vegging longer and then the sohum souls.
Do you think I should … A)flush right before I put into 5 gallon mesh with fresh sohum souls? B) just continue my thing and flush before I switch to flower mode? C) just continue to keep on with what I’m doing by posting frequently and get y’all’s opinions on what plants are telling me? Or D) you fill in the blank here with your opinion? :joy:

Thanks, so this is what I was thinking of which seems to fit along with what your saying.
Is to feed another 2-3 weeks depending on how much bigger it gets. Then flush and put into 5 gallon mesh with the fresh sohum and either give it a small quarter of recommended feed for first week untill roots grow into new soil from old casting . Then either stop for a week or 2 and kinda feel out how things are going, test tds and all that, and work my way up after gathering results from test, looks of plants etc.
That sounds about like something you would do?

Well… I’m not familiar with sohum soil, so I’m really not sure how to adapt to it. When I use FF soils, I have found that they are good for 3 weeks in the soil before I start feeding. If I use Pro-Mix HP, I feed from the time I transplant into it. I follow the schedule at full strength once I start feeding, and do the Sledgehammer flushes as recommended. But as for flushing, the Sledgehammer flush is designed to wash away the salts leftover from using the FF nutes, so I would think that changing the soil wouldn’t affect the schedule for the flushes. So… D) proceed with the flushes as scheduled. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have mycos and use them when I transplant. I usually make a hole from pot I’m transferring from into new soil, sprinkle some in new hole, and a little on top for water to seep through after transplant.