First ever auto grow lots of questions

@dbrn32 is who helped me get my light. I also got the 320 from horticulturelighting. I love it.

Here is a link to my first grow where i tried to squish 4 plants in my 4x4. I started you in the middle of the journal. You can scroll through the pictures and can see as the plants grew. i got to the point where I had to get another tent to make some room in here. There is my big bud near the end of the grow. You can see if fills the tent pretty good by it self. I am trying to remember to come to this side more often. I am in the lab most of the time. If you tag me though. I will always find my way here :grin:
I will do a quick note in word and pate it in here for you. I can offer a few tips for growing in coco that should help you get started with very few issues.
Post 419 shows the big bud taking up the tent

2 Likes

Similar, but better in most cases.

1 Like

@MattyBear @dbrn32 you might want to remove this link.

2 Likes

Is it because it was in html format @MattyBear @Myfriendis410. Sorry I didn’t know what I did wrong? I thought I’ve seen it on a million times but with a picture of the page as well? Plz explain so I don’t make the mistake again?

1 Like

I could only do two WWA in a 4x4 using RDWC… They can get big during stretch… especially if they show more Sativa genes…This is one in a 4x4

1 Like

This one was in a 2x4

1 Like

The forum only allows links to authorized vendors. Amazon is one of them. It’s not a problem at all and has been fixed. I was just alerting one of the mods before it sat there too long.

2 Likes

2 plants in a 2’ x 3’ closet. I started with 3 but about halfway through had to relocate one of them. I’d say no more than four and expect a full tent.

These were topped between the fourth and fifth nodes, so if you don’t top, maybe 5 but I think that’s pushing it.

I’m trying just one in that closet right now and I think I can nearly fill a 2x3 with one plant.

Yield from two plants was a little over 8 ounces of trimmed bud with another ounce and half or so of trim.

2 Likes

Is that an auto flower

1 Like

Yes, I agree and have proof. Only topped once, around the 2-3 week. Went by the nodes. Asa it hit the 4th I topped and removed the lower stems

2 Likes

If you mean my photo, yes they are White Widow Auto topped. With good lighting they make it to the fifth node about 15 to 18 days after the seed sprouts.

1 Like

@Konflict, that is good to know. I have been trying to figure out how to keep an auto here and there on the small side. You top pretty early then. If I can get mine to do the same. I could run a few more each grow :+1:

1 Like

Also I grew it from seedling on Full Spectrum and a 12/12 light schedule. Had a photo in tent that was about to be flipped. Recieved the seeds and thought i would just throw one in and see how it went. Read that you can grow autos under 12/12. So it had about 2, maybe 3 weeks tops of 18/6 and then flipped. Anytime I go to do anything that will stress her. I make sure she is healthy and happy 1st. Then I wait til the day I water her and then do the topping or lst. Then I turn on some classical music. Scientific research has confirmed music helps stimulate your plant. Plants in tents with music produced 20% more come harvest. And the leaves where about 30% bigger. I think it helps keep her happy and recover faster. Did this with the transplant and never saw one sign of transplant shock

1 Like

I put 4 autos in a 2.5x5x7 tent. It is tight, but just fine using a 320xl QB light. Can get 4 big autos very successfully to harvest in that size. My record is 3 very, very large autos totaling about 15oz, in one tent after 85-100 days. Not a world record, but not too shabby for only 12.5ft² of grow space

Figure in a 4x4 that’s 16ft². If you put in 4 plants, each plant gets 4ft² of grow space. That’s a good amount of plant space, especially for autos.

Life cycle for autos can range from 8 weeks-ish all the way to 100+ days. With autos, unless you know the strain and it’s highly stable, it can be a gamble. I have found that a few breeders give fairly spot-on estimates, while others give the earliest harvest date. To be on the safe side, I just add on 2 weeks to every harvest estimate, and adjust that estimate as the plants grow.

Go easy with the rough stuff. Definitely try some lst, though, to greatly increase your yield and use your space more efficiently.

300 watts of cobs per tent doesn’t seem like enough light to me, but I could be wrong. That will probably be good for veg, but you might need more for bloom.

I love autos. They can be finicky because there’s no recovery time if mistakes are made, plus you really cannot control them as you can photos. However, once you get them, they’re really no different than photos re: taste, efficacy, and even yield. Just remember that mistakes made in early veg can severely limit your harvest. Once bloom starts, they’re no different than photos, EXCEPT here, they are a bit forgiving of light leaks.

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty, do you remember what you got from your Bloody skunk? I am sure mine was way smaller than it should have been. I got one oz from here. Nice and tight though. I want to do another one to if if it should have been better. Or for no other reason than her colors and smell are like no other I have done. I got the seed from you :grin: And sorry @Autosversusphotos, I didn’t mean to high jack your thread :grin:

4 Likes

I’ve grow autos and photos. In coco I love it.

I grew 3 plants. I only got 2oz max from one, I think, with less than that from the 2 others. @DoobieNoobie coaxed a ridiculous amount from her, though.

1 Like

Looking for everyones input on growing auto flower hydroponic.

That one @Not2SureYet grew has a smell like nothing else as he stated: it’s solvent and Juicy Fruit gum. And the flower is gorgeous. I haven’t tried the sample yet but maybe tonight…

1 Like

To me, she smells of honey and a sweet musk. Absolutely beautiful buds, if just a bit airy. Her taste doesn’t match the smell. It’s missing something. It’s not bad, but it’s not as strongly flavored as I like.

She is a hard hitting indica. I rarely smoke her because she makes me go cross-eyed.

2 Likes