First dwc hydro grow ever

If you have an empty why not just mix nutrients and keep it going?

Least amount of time out of the mix as possible, look into rdwc as a way around having to take water from system and mess with buckets. It’s enough work already

1 Like

Which is exactly why I’m doing rdwc. Thinking about what all is involved in growing, it only made sense for me to go rdwc.

There are folks that do fine with the buckets but the have also mentioned some headaches that I don’t want. :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I just painted my extra buckets back this morning so should b all set by the time it’s in it just have to drill the holes for the air lines in the spare bucket. I’m real limited I. Space where I’m at now moving within the year so once I buy my own place gonna set up a nice six bucket system or something just get my feet wet with this one. @PharmerBob

1 Like

Do a two bucket system

2 Likes

One reservoir one plant

2 Likes

@shady424 starting on my first rdwc system myself. so much fun, gave a great grow, dont mind ill follow along

1 Like

Not at all the more the merrier still waiting for her to poke her head out. Meantime have not my buckets setup put a fill tube on one today came out pretty good

So my bean started poking its little head out the rock wool turned the light on for it. soon we should b growing

2 Likes

So here’s a pic of the little girl she’s popping nicely took about two days

got my heat mat set to 76 humidity is like 80 in the dome is that too high I have this mini humidifier that fits right in the dome it’s nice

3 Likes

Question about flushing for when it comes how do you do the flush process using the ff sledgehammer do you add the sledge to new water or to the current mix that the plants in

So when this little girl goes into her bucket do you start using nutes right away or should I just use calmag and hudroguard at first and hold off on the nutes tip week 2 or just a really mild nute solution right away? @Covertgrower @PharmerBob @ @Noctis420 @HappyHydroGrower

1 Like

Yes, a light feeding is recommended. There’s no nutrients in hydro, unless you add them.

2 Likes

I know there’s no nutes but everyone does something different it’s so confusing some people I read wait til the coyts turn yellow to feed some right away etc. that’s why any tried and true help I do appreciate thanks for any help you give and conflicted I going back and forth between the ff nutes and I’m getting in the bergmans nutes in a day or two. @Covertgrower

I’m doing a hydro grow. I killed all my seedlings when I introduced nutes too early. The ones that survived and now in flower where ph water only until they reached veg stage. Then I SLOWLY introduced nutrients to the reservoir. Always less than the feed chart recommended. Everyones different but the seedling will do fine with just water. I got excited and fried mine on my first 5 seedlings

I’m still on my first hydro grow but if I can help with what experience I have, what I’ve found worked and what didnt, im happy to help. Good luck bro. Welcome to the world of growing green

2 Likes

Yeah I planned on going half strength if not even less than that at first

This was a great response thank you

1 Like

No worries. I’ll tag along if you dont mind. And just tag me @… if you have any questions

Thanks @HanJolo

1 Like

Im doing my first dwc hydro grow as well, in a Stainless steel welded box I made that holds about 8 and a half gallons of water, 4" net pot, rockwool starter medium. Have had a sprout in rockwool for 9 days now, its growing well, my first fill of water I put a 1/4 dose of the seedlings feed schedule, fox farms nutes.

Will be tagging along with you here @shady424 since im new at this too!

Heres a link to my hydro go…

1 Like

Man what an afternoon I was fixing wires in the tent and the plug to the ballast not the one from the walll the one to the output came out and arched blowing my ballast and now found out mh bulb I bought a new ballast thank god for the hydro shop but now the bulbs blown too oh boy so I put the new ballast in and put the hps bulb in too I also hung the growmol 600 watt blurple in their while the other was out planning on keeping it in and let’s see how they do have that set all the way to veg and have the hps maybe it will be a good thing we’ll see

3 Likes