First DWC attempt

Just wait until you run out of room in there! I’m with @peachfuzz they’ll eat what they need, as long as they’re not burning or reacting negatively I say. :grin::v: I’m feeding to chart she looks happy.

2 Likes

So a plant sure will eat what it needs.

It all goes bad when the rh isn’t proper and the plant drinks just to have water. But it also gets nutrients which is what causes the burn. So if your vpd is not perfe t it will burn for sure.

1 Like

PPM would increase too if it only gets water, right?
And what is vpd?

I noticed these brown spots on the big fan leaves of my biggest plant, the GSCx. I’m not sure what it is, everything else seems fine with her. All the other reservoirs had risen ever so slightly in pH (6.15-6.2), where this one stayed at 6.0. She’s also the reservoir that dropped the most as far as TDS goes (540-550).
I didn’t think this is nute burn, I always associated that with yellowing tips. And diagnosing nutrient deficiency/excess is definitely my weak point.
Any one have any ideas?

1 Like

11/23/2020

Maybe a bad idea since I don’t know what’s going on with her leaves. But topped the GSCx today.

No I don’t watch vpd closely I seen to manage :v:

Only water would be less ppms

This is why you don’t wanna skimp on Si or Cal mag and so on. Hence you end up with higher ppm numbers like on the chart. I just fed my current Zkittlez week three.

I’ve seen another similar one I prefer they diagram but same idea.

1 Like

Based off this very helpful graphic that’s shared on several threads, I’m thinking Potassium (K) excess? What do you guys think?

1 Like

I’ve had fan leaves like that before in about a week pull those affected leaves. And keep it growing on. :grin::v:

1 Like

Okay good to know, did you have to lower nutrients? Or just kept going as you were? @neofirebird

1 Like

I never have lowered my ppms but if I was off, clean the bucket and mix a full feeding. The nutes bring the pH of the water down, don’t lower ppms adjust pH.

1 Like