First DWC attempt

Okay thank you!

2 Likes

I’m thinking you’re just afraid to pump the nutes especially if you were using the drain to water for soil instead of hydro the amounts are allot different. Here’s my next Zkittlez getting all spikey notice the water - looks like it’s boiling. I use three stones and much air :wink:

2 Likes

PS in looking back your pics, rockwool cubes should be covered. Add some more hydroton pellets, helps keep cube from drying out.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag. Unfortunately I know nothing about hydro but I’m along for the ride!! Good luck with the grow!

1 Like

Okay I’ll add some, thanks for the tip!

1 Like

I’ve posted my feeding schedules a few times here and dont know how to book mark or anything…
But I’ll give it another shot…
Seedlings are clones about 150 to 200 ppm…
Vegging , 200 up to 550 ppm…
Late vegging , 500 to 750 ppm…
Transition into flower 700 to 850 and for first 3 weeks from light flip still using vegg recipe…
After 3 weeks from light flip recipe starts to change towards flower…
Early flower 750 to 900 ppm…
And all the way through flower I usually never go over 1100 ppm , that’s with all my base nutrients and additives together…
Also in vegg , I keep my ph anywhere from 5.9 to 6.6 and as I start moving into flower , I usually let it swing from 5.7 to 6.2 and in late flower I’ll let it swing from 5.5 to 6.0 … :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Meanwhile six hours later roots coming out side and more at bottom.

3 Likes

Always best to stay on low side or less to start and see how plant reacts. Adjust from there as needed.

2 Likes

Are you referring to solution level or % of listed feeding amount :thinking:

Refering to amount of nutes on chart. Always start with less per gallon than listed and work up as needed from there.
Every system and grow is different especially if growing a new strain. They all want something a bit different.

2 Likes

As long as the girls don’t burn or react negatively

1 Like

I usually dont give to $hits about the strain or what it wants , because I usually grow 6 plants of 3 different strains in one system…
If one plant dont eat it another will…
I just make sure that I have the right amount of everything they should want at that stage of growth…
It’s a little bit of a balancing act , but I usually never have issues…
My problems are walking in and finding out that a fan died or a bulb…
Although the other day I walked in and found all of my plants floating because the danm automatic watering system junked up and was dripping water into my system…
Just caught it in time and mind you I might not go out to check on them for 5 days or more…
It’s a tuff gig sometimes…
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

9 days.old

3 Likes

This is very helpful! Thank you!

3 Likes

Lookin good :ok_hand:t2:

Very nice! It’s crazy how fast the root system grows

2 Likes

11/21/2020

Day 22 for GSCx, WC, Gelato… Day 16 for GDP

Did a reservoir change/feeding today, I did half the values given in the chart under “#2 early growth”.

Amounts given are as follows, and in this order, and all per 5 gallons:
4ml of ArmorSi, 6.5ml of CALiMAGic, 1/2 scoop great white mycorrhizae, 10ml hydroguard, 19ml micro, 25ml gro, 6.5ml bloom, 6.5ml rapidstart, 2.5ml floralicious plus, 25ml diamond nectar, 25ml florablend

The TDS levels were substantially higher than previous feedings, but lower than what the chart recommends. Little higher than what @peachfuzz recommended. I’ll have to keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.

Also turned the light up from 85% to 100%, humidity is kept at 50-55%… added hydroton as @neofirebird recommended.

That GSCx looks like she’ll be ready to get topped soon :+1:t2:

P.S. got an RO system this week so I don’t have to spend a stupid amount getting water at the store. Super excited about it!

3 Likes

-Gelato

5.90pH 609ppm 64*

-WC

5.74pH 601ppm 64*

-GDP

5.73pH 608ppm 64*

-GSCx

5.79pH 608ppm 64*

3 Likes

They look nice and healthy!

2 Likes