First cone of my first harvest, anyone seen this before?

I believe this may be mold. I’ve never had it before but have recently seen a couple of growers that did. Here’s a couple of screenshots of plants that was recently posted that was definitely mold.

I blew up your pic and it looks the same.

2 Likes

Dam guess I’ll be throwing that out, thanks for the information

2 Likes

Let me tag a couple of people with more experience than me. I wouldn’t want to be wrong and have you do something to drastic. The last time I saw this I believe the advice was to cut away any buds that had signs of mold but wasn’t a total loss. It may be a little while before people respond due to it being so late. @imSICKkid @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower does this look like mold to you guys

4 Likes

I went through post and found this. It’s a link to the recent grower that had mold issues. If you would to take a look and see how they dealt with problem.

2 Likes

I end up cutting it open and throwing it out.

Went searching through the rest and seems to be only it that one spot. Im thinking not enough air getting inbetween the bud. definitely keeping a close eye during curing time

2 Likes

Have a look through this post. There’s a video on bud washing. I’ve done it and I’ve never had fresher buds. Be careful storing your harvest as that mould will still be there and will wipe out your harvest before you know it. I would definitely wash and rinse before I tried to dry and cure anything. Good luck

https://ilgmforum.com/t/bud-washing-in-buckets/39112

5 Likes

Wow. Great video, never heard or seen this before. H2o2 just any hydro store?

4 Likes

A lot of guys use 3% food grade. I ordered mine online not sure if you could buy it locally. Just follow the guide on mixing it up though. Don’t over agitate either when in the water then let it all drip dry before doing your dry/cure routine :sunglasses:
Remember to rinse though. I used the shower head with luke warm water

3 Likes

Stay off-line for the hydrogen peroxide. Major rip off and price gouging because H2o2 is used in a antiseptic wash to kill the novel corona virus. I searched amazon for H2o2. Prices were crazy $17 - $28 for 16oz bottles. Our local grocery store had 32oz bottles for $1.79. My wife & I mixed up a couple spray bottles of wash. Talk about criminals. A lot of bad hearted greedy people and companies out there.

10 Likes

Looks like mold to me. I experienced one time few years back outside grow rained every day late fall high humidity. I would toss infected area and collect info from community members about a wash.

5 Likes

Local hydro store should have it. I got some 35% for about $17.

6 Likes

You likely have mildew throughout your harvest. This is why I recommend a bud wash.

5 Likes

I cut the whole damn cola off and threw it in the trash and then I found a second cola did the same. I got that plant drying in the corner of my tent been checking on it all week no sign of mold.

@Myfriendis410 I posted the link to George’s video on bud washing. The one that you showed me :sunglasses:. The OP has a problem with mould and thought it could help. My harvest is in and man does it smell great. I wash religiously after my problematic last grow. I got about 1 1/2 lbs for 5 plants :sunglasses:

1 Like

If you’re drying that bud in the same tent you’re still growing in get it out 2 reasons the mold spores will get into the rest of your good bud and second u should dry in the dark to help get rid of the clorifill .h2o2 bath works wonders

1 Like

The first time I did a bud wash I was floored by how wonderful the plant material smelled. Months later I was floored a second time when I found out my cured harvest stayed fresh longer. I attribute it to the fact that mold is removed so it doesn’t set in during cure.

1 Like

I was the same. The fresh smell was amazing and it stayed fresh :scream::sunglasses:

Prior to the 'rona I could get a gallon of 35% food grade for $50 delivered. I don’t even want to know what it is now!

Here in Ontario, Doug Ford is chasing down price gougers from individuals buying and reselling to store/market managers/owners and large corporations and the board members. Fines can be from thousands to hundreds of thousands and even millions in fines and looooong terms of incarceration. Back to topic… Alcohol solutions with at least 70 percent alcohol are effective against the COVID-90. H2O2 does not contain the needed alcohol concentration.