First cloning 100% success rate

Get so many clones first time 25-30, cant belive all them rooted. :hugs:Really happy, but now out grow my grow room and lack of lights. Cant just throw them away. Better just buy some add lights.

13 Likes

Congrats! What were your methods?

2 Likes

Clones get from

2 Likes

Ty.
My methods was…
Just cut and cuttings srtaight in water. cut stems 45 degrees angle/scrape some skin off stem and here and then i split stem too . Then in rooting gel, not only dip,they was there like 5 min.
Same time i trim off bigger leaves.
Same time i throw peat pellets in water, little ones take 5min to take right shape but i have bigger pellets too and those need 15+min soak.
But yeah then i squeeze pellets little and do some hole with scissors in pellets aand put clone in.
Then i squeeze gently and like see above pic i tie them, bc they move other way.
12days in humidity dome and 2-3 times i sprayed them. Give some air 5th day and further, day 10 i squeeze pellets more and this takes 2 days…
Day 10 there was not one root.
2 days and they all exploded. White hairs everywhere sticking out pellets.
I am really happy.

4 Likes

culling un-needed/un-wanted clones is necessary evil,
it is best to take more then u need,
if all of them root then u can pick the heartiest and/or most uniform ones to plant.!!

i put 8 clippings into rock wool, take the 8 rooted clones and plant 6,
transplant the most uniform 4 into finishing pots and veg for another week,
then off to the bloom room.!!

5 Likes

Whats good for clones 18/6 or first days 20/4?

1 Like

Dealer’s choice. 24/0 works as well.

2 Likes

12-18 hrs of mild light roots clone the fastest,
i prefer 16-18 hrs because they don’t try to flower,
i use 18/6 now because my clone dome is in my momma/veg room.

2 Likes

@BlackShirt @SlowOldGuy
Iam asking bc we have hard winter here and lights get warm in room. Ive grow my clones other grow room and theres not so controlled climate…

2 Likes

a heat mat on a thermostat may help,

u can clone anywhere, they need a tiny amount of light, good moisture, and warmth,
a 13w cfl, 6-12" above the clippings, will root them…
put them in a warm room across from a sunny window…

this is a good read for anyone, especially coco growers,
AskEd shows just how simple cloning can be.!!
scroll way down for the cloning section…
https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/askeds-coco-guide.620656/

• idk if this is allowed, but don’t worry, ILGM is the best grow site on the internet.!!
    members hopefully will read the article, they might browse around GC, but then they will be right back here, back at home.!
2 Likes

It’s really cold
Here too. To keep them warm, my last round of clones I did in a corner of my closet under a little tube style bulb (t-12 maybe?) at 24/0. Worked great.

4 Likes

30 clones your going to need a bunch of light and space lol @beginner2d
Congrats on the clones :1st_place_medal: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you.
I grow them 1&2 gallon pots. Sog.
Need some more if i had yes , this is quest what i work for right now.
Want some good qb light, some suggestions :yum:

Price somewhere 350 is what i can pay.

Rooting rate was perfect , but now i see maybe 3-5 dont survive. I gave away some too. :grin: Sharing is caring.
And now i get myself thinking maybe not sog style. I sort best of them and grow them big plants. Now i have lights and can do this.
Maybe i take some of them flowering room and most of them i let be in veg…

3 Likes

5 of them goes bigger pot today.
Little lst and everyone gets topped.

2 Likes

beginner, Hey, you got them clones looking nice!

Look at all those babies!

by the way, I don’t mind holding these kind of babies… the other ones… I run from… :man_farmer:

1 Like

Haha ok :grin:.

2 Likes

Now they looking more healthier.

5 Likes

They do look good! Shoot, That is allot of clones… I presume you have plenty of space. Nice job

1 Like

No, i dont :grin: right now i thinking what to do…?
Some of them goes flowering room for sure. And some of them i veg more. Then i have big harvesting windows before spring kick in.

1 Like