First Blue cheese Autoflower hydro DWC question

Hi everyone, this is my first Hydrogrow. I have a couple of questions, any help you could provide would be appreciated. Is she ready for harvest? And what are the orange spots? Also why have the fan leaves started to look like talons? Thanks in advance

-Strain -ILGM Blue Cheese Auto
-Age - 97day
-Method: Hydroponics
-Vessels: DWC -PH 7
-Method measure PH- liquid wide spectrum drops
-Indoor 3x3x5’ tent
-Horticulture Lighting Group -400K
-light schedule 12/12 -Temps; Day 88, Night 70
-Humidity; Day 43%, Night 25%
-Ventilation system yes outside of tent; No -no -Co2; No

Hydro some additional questions:
-DWC 5gal
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC) 0
-Temperature of reservoir 75 degrees
-TDS of nutrient solution- unknown
-Amount of air to solution - air stone

Nutes- weekly Thursday morning 5gal DWC
Coco AB - 40ml
Rhizotonic - 10ml
Cannazym - 45ml
Cannaboost - 40ml
Floramax Resin xs -10ml
Mammoth P - 4ml
Calmagic- 4ml

1 Like

I’m no hydro grower but a ph of 7 seems a bit off, if memory serves me correct you should be shooting for a ph of 5.5-6.5 in a dwc? Also you need about an 1/2 to 1 inch of air space under your net pot and a tds meter and quality ph meter are critical pieces of equipment when growing in dwc. Post pictures if you can, I’m sure we all would love to see your girl.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Do I need to wait until next feeding tinge to make adjustments? I just ordered new Ph and TPS meters.
Uploading: 007DED6F-E0EE-4E21-B2A9-84DDE51745FB.jpeg…
Uploading: F7EF09FB-B336-4575-89EA-2CD65D045ADC.jpeg…
Uploading: 37552EE8-2D64-42A5-A31F-0ADD78FF0433.jpeg…
Uploading: B65231E9-C612-4D61-B815-CED156EAFFE8.jpeg…
Uploading: 107CE23A-CBFC-48A6-985D-D911B83DBC4B.jpeg…

You gotta give a few seconds to let the pictures upload before you hit reply :wink:

Thanks a lot lol I was just trying to figure that out.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Photos added to main thread

The dark green leaves are a sign of excess nitrogen, but your pistols have already all turned so I’m guessing your probably getting pretty close to start flush time. Do you have any way of getting clear close ups of your trichs? I from what I can see I see cloudy and an amber here or there, but it’s hard to tell without good pictures.

3 Likes

@merlin44 i believe is hydro. Maybe he’ll tak a look too. Definitely get the PH adjusted. She looks like she has nitrogen toxicity. Im not hydro so let the hydro peeps advise ya but regardless. PH needs to be corrected :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

Thanks for tag @GreenJewels but I have no experience with hydro, just soil.
@growingismything it looks like you have some excellent growers ready to coach you to success. Good luck.

2 Likes

I think @HappyHydroGrower may be the one to tag in, I shall summon him :grin:

5 Likes

@Tophat Thanks for the info that helps. I only have a jeweler’s loupe with no way of taking high quality pics yet.

1 Like

I haven’t done hydro in a few years. Mostvthe ones I remember aren’t here anymore
@Not2SureYet @Myfriendis410

4 Likes

Spend some time with your loupe and that chart. If you are seeing all milky trichs with some amber on the buds your probably really close to the flush. If you are still seeing clear they are not ready quite yet. Also, for a first time dwc grower with no ppm or tds pen you did a pretty damn good job :+1::+1:

1 Like

Unfortunately I have not either. I do know @neofirebird has done a lot of autos in hydro. @Myfriendis410 has done hydro as well :grin: I know I am missing dome of the big guys that do only hydro :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Tophat thanks I grew one other time with coco medium and it was ok. I like the labor involved in the DWC it seemed easier but now seems like it would be more fun once I get the details ironed out.

1 Like

Thanks @Tophat I’ve already discussed in another thread and will set to watching.
Give a shout if you have questions.

@Graysin @NUG61 @OGIncognito @CooterJuice are extremely knowledgeable with hydro and growing.

Good luck and keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Good to have you on board, I didn’t know you had already answered these questions elsewhere. :v:

3 Likes

Still crawling compared to you Brother :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes