First Auto grow Q1

Hiya team,
Im starting autos and this is my 2nd grow
1st grow still finishing but got beans in the glass already and want to know if its best to plant sprouts direct in 5 gal pots as Ive read autos dont appreciate transplanting. I dont mind transplanting at all as I know photos can benefit from it but autos are a new game.
Cheers Ferg.
@Hellraiser @repins12

I normally go shot glass to solo cup to 5gal pot myself :+1:

3 Likes

Perfect thanks brother :pray:

1 Like

All plants (more specifically, their roots) can be disturbed by transplanting.
To ease the transition, I simply cut the cup in half that the seedling is growing in so that the roots are not disturbed at all. My plants never skip a beat.

1 Like

Is this auto flowering?!

Some strains are more susceptible to transplanting than others and I’ve done both and had better success transplanting as it’s much easier to control their environment. If your having problems, there’s usually a secondary issue causing stress to the plant. :blush: Happy farming!

1 Like

As @repins12 said I go paper towel, solo to 5g pot with everything. As @TommyBahama said cutting the cup works. I cut the bottom off tho and put the whole cup in the ground if I’m outdoor. Autos don’t always get the recovery time a photo would. It’s not that it’s bad per se, just that it could start flowering tomorrow with no recovery period would stunt your growth.

2 Likes

I go from glass to damp toilet paper then to 15 gallon fabric pots. Indoors…:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

If I grew autos, I’d start them the same way I usually do, start in a solo cup and transplant up when ready.

2 Likes

Ive read mycorrhizae helps with transplant shock just sprinkle on roots

2 Likes

Thanks so much team. I think my method is good was just wary of shock for autos and these answers are on point thanks. We dont have solo cups here and ive got plenty of 1 litre pots. I let the soil dry a little and they pop out easy enough with very little disturbance. @RandomlyRan Ill be sure not to wait to long. Tempted to go a bit bigger than 5 gal but 15s mighr not fit @MrPeat :joy::+1:

2 Likes

I can fit 4 15 gallon fabric pots in my 4x4. Possibly a 5th one but I don’t want to disturb my two girls. The reason I went the 15 gallon is because i grow super monsters in doors only using 5 gallon buckets filled 1/2. So the bucket gets close to root bound. Not any more and my one Auto in the 15 gallon is big. I thinks a Lemon Haze auto or its a Lemon Kush Auto. I think its a Haze.

2 Likes

Looks like im shopping for 15 gal pots :joy:

1 Like

@Fergus Well I am glad I could help you spend some cash. Luckily they are pretty cheap. I bought the Vivosun 15 gallon fabric pot. High rating on Amazon. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Went shot glass then 1 Litre pots. Probably use 5 and 7gal pots.
Seeds that popped: Gelato, Super Kush, WW, Blueberry, GDP and just dropped a late arrival to the party GG into a bath. Was planning on 4 plants so will see what I end up with.
Pretty happy as a seed bank sent my order 3 times :champagne:

1 Like

How big do your autos get in 15gallon pots @MrPeat

Hi, I am chuck, need help. need fatter & bigger buds on my WWAuto (77 days out of the dirt) I am looking!