First Auto Grow Indoor/Soil - Canuk seeds

Hello, to all taking their time to follow me on my new adventure! :wave:

This will be my second grow, but my first attempt at growing autos. So here goes nothing…fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

I am using Canuk auto seeds. The strains I picked are: Amnesia, Cheese, and Quarter Pounder.

I used the paper towel method for germination and dipped each seed in organic kelp before placing in the paper towel.

My medium is FFHF amended with 40% perlite and 2 tablespoons of mycorrhizae per 7 gallon fabric pot.
I watered each pot until runoff and placed under my lights running 24hrs to warm the soil.

I am using 2 led light. The Bloomspect 2000 and King 3000 - actual total wattage =956

Plants will be growing in a 4x5 ft space. I am running the a/c (it’s hot and humid here). I have 2 small clip fans, only 1 running at the moment.

On 2/13/21 all 3 plants were planted in their final home, a 7 gallon fabric pot. Lights are 40 in away running 20 hrs.

3 Likes

Today all 3 seedlings received their first watering.

By attempting to keep the humidity up with a half a soda bottle over each plant, I almost killed Amnesia and QP.

One of the cotyledon on the QP got to moist and fell off and Amnesia leaves got damaged from the moisture as well. Things quickly improved once I removed the bottles.

Cheese is doing the best. It’s 3 inches tall and barely a week old. I’m not sure, but I feel that’s good growth for an auto?

3 Likes

Lookin good @Brobdab it’s my experience weed doesn’t like a dome with the exception of clones in the beginning. I see alot of people on here recommend using them and using them but imo once they break the surface take off the hat.
I started my first autos to, yours are ahead of mine, I put the little tadpoles in the soil Sun evening. I also just started a tell all journal I call it a tell all because I have three tents now and I’m just going to put all three into a single thread I’ll tag you over if you want to watch. I’m gonna be following along here
Good luck :deciduous_tree: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Today the girls are 2 weeks old. Time for their first feeding. I mixed 1ml of silica blast, 1ml of cal-mag, and 2ml of clean kelp in a 32oz spray bottle. Each plant got a little over 10.5 oz.

Cheese is still doing the best. Amnesia has bounced back from the damage done from the dome being left on too long.
But poor QP is still struggling.
At first, I thought it was because QP lost one of its cotyledon early on. Now, I’m wondering if it’s the new light. I’ve never grown with it. With the leaves taco-ing I wonder if the light is too close? I moved up the light 4 inches just encase.

Any other thoughts of what may be going on with my QP would be much appreciated.

Cheese :cheese:

Amnesia :sleeping:

Quarter Pounder :hamburger:

3 Likes

@Nicky

Not sure if you would like to tag along when you have the time? You were super helpful with my first grow and as always, I appreciate that!

1 Like

Hey @Brobdab I’m following along. You said you put everything in a sprayer, make sure you don’t spray the plants except with the lights off the water acts like a magnifying glass and the lights will burn your plants. They’re lookin good and growing

2 Likes

I mixed it in a spray bottle, but took the top off and poured around the plants. I should’ve specified, my bad.

2 Likes

Sure! Thanks for the tag. Your in Canada right? You must be form the breeder choice lol.

Looking good don’t water to run off until week 4.
I suggest a FIM’ing at 4th or 5th bode
Start increasing light power gradually at week 3, get them to max by week 5.
This will leave you with small bushy super dense solid colas. Although if you can’t control your humidty come flower then allow them to stretch a bit more to spread the density out.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! I’ve been jealous of your grows since I saw the Blackberry bud shot. Just beautiful!!

Actually, I’m from Florida. I use True North Seed Bank. I’m not familiar with many seed banks that take credit cards and ship to the U.S. So far, True North has been discreet with fast shipping.

If this auto grow does well next I would like to try Fast Bud or Dinafem seed genetics.

1 Like

Sensi seeds as well all of those 3 are great.

And thank you, yes the blackberry was a nice grow and a pretty solid smoke. It’s a nice indica hybrid.

Have you seen our current grow off that is about to wrap up?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been following right a long. Learned a lot from it.

1 Like

So…I decided to drop 4 Sour Diesel photos to veg while my autos finish. My hobby is becoming an addiction :joy:

Helmets all off. Hello world :earth_americas: :wave:

3 Likes

My girls are growing! Today, I lowered the lights to 32 inches above the canopy. I am gonna take Nickys advice and push the lights since they are 3 weeks old today.

Not quite thirsty enough yet. I’ve been letting them get on the drier side hoping the root system will work harder and spread out. Tomorrow I will probably give them some water and more kelp.

The QP is a hybrid but was supposed to be more sativa. I’m no expert by any means, but I’m wondering if the pheno is more indica? It’s looking short and bushy. Also, something nibbled on its leaves. Sprayed all the plants with neem oil when the lights are off.

QP :hamburger:

2 Likes

They’re still lookin happy, personally I like to keep my lights back until they are ready to start training it allows for a little stretching between the nodes plants dictate the movement for me. Heavy sativas will normally do the stretching even when the lights are low though so I think you are on to something there with your QP lol the leaves are a little skinnier so it might jump up and surprise you :wink:

1 Like

Last night my heater got turned off and today this is Amnesia. It’s only 3 weeks old. This is too early to see this for autos, right? Ugh!! What did I do wrong?

Again I just started my first autos so all I know is what I’ve read and 2-8 weeks is the normal time for them to flower but they continue to grow after flower is started

1 Like

I wanted to try FIMing. With autos is it to late to fim once flowering begins?
I can still lst if FIMing is not an option anymore :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Being new at growing them I figured I’d keep it as simple as possible and I’ll probably top half and lst the other ones but plans change. I read that once they start to flower you shouldn’t do anything that could cause stress. So I wouldn’t cut anything if I were you except some defoliation later on

1 Like

Watered the girls today. I gave them 1ml silica, 1ml cal-mag, and 2ml of kelp per 32 oz bottle.

This is the first time I have used silica and I must say I’m very impressed. The stems are much thicker! It almost looks like snake skin shedding on the stems so they can get bigger. Pretty cool!

@MeEasy - You were right. QP started out super slow, but it’s starting to grow!

@Nicky @Not2SureYet - Can I fim when an auto is already flowering?

QP :hamburger:

1 Like

My white widow auto I’m doing now started showing pistils at like week 3 she’s a bit small but hopefully potent we’ll have to see when she’s ready.

2 Likes