First auto grow first time on my account

Are the risks to the plant if you do a partial harvest? Like anything to be mindful.

2 Likes

Nope, you’ll be good. Remove the buds that are ready and let the rest do their thing!

2 Likes

Can a plant b ready to chop but still has green leaves ???only ask cause if so then damn

2 Likes

But here my blueberryXLemon

I saw few clear heads I think but guessing 2 weeks give or take

2 Likes

Absolutely!

Yup, I see some clear there too. I would guess a couple of weeks

2 Likes

So yes a plant can b ready an still healthy green an yea Igood thing I busted out bigger digital didn’t see them clear heads with my mini scope. But thank you so much… so defoliation isn’t always going to happen hmmm damn but you know everyday I found out something new… I love it ,

2 Likes

The fade happens when you remove nutrients and just give straight H2O for the last week or two. At that point the plant starts pulling its nutrients from its leaves

2 Likes

Yea I forgot that,. Hey do you know anything bout hang drying buds??? I hung my northern lights n blueberryXlemon n Northern was so dry they were hanging for week an a dehumidifier was in there too tent size 2-2-4 using a stack it rack I think by me having the dehumidifier in there that’s where I screwed up I think… most bud didn’t have much a taste smelled decent but jus seemed n even felt like damn I did something wrong but my ? Is next time I drh I shouldn’t use Dewey??? Or if I do don’t keep right under buds?

1 Like

When I dry my plants I shoot for an environment of 60* F and humidity around 60.

Your dehumidifier may have been the issue depending on what you humidity was

1 Like

40-50s but yea I bet she was my northern lights had a fruity smell but not much of taste n also she experience 2mahbe3 90degree days n lost her frost (trichomes) n I think that had something to do with the taste as well… but yes I’m take out the Dewey n let them go on there own this time. An now when u go to jar em you want the side buds to b able to snap off if you bend them an the main stems to jus bend rather than snap??

1 Like

The bend or snap method isn’t the best for me. I’ve seen others say that they over dry that way as well. When I feel they’re starting to get good and dry, gently feel the buds each day to get a read for the drying, I will put the buds in a jar with a hydrometer and see what the RH in the jar is after and hour or two. I shoot for around 65 before I put them in the jars.

The drying process takes a few tries to really nail.

2 Likes

Thank you yea I’m going go without the humidifier this time or jus run it for few hrs a day but hopefully I Dry this batch better than last…

3 Likes

It really does! Still eludes me at times. If it wasnt for the snap method id be screwed. Think its my environment tho.

And if they break instead of a snapping pop, u went too far lol

2 Likes

Huh.???. Yea I went to far then… I can’t wait for one of my plants to b ready to try this again n hopefully time it right

1 Like

Yup. You want them to snap. Like a cracking sound but not quite break. The outside’s a tad crispy but if u break it open its too sticky to shred with anything except ur fingers…

That line is seriously on of the finest ones growers walk.

Just as makin it thru a good cure is a true test of patience (or supply :wink:)

3 Likes

Yes I’m jus going have to check periodically when I hang them also, before I chop my plant I put her in dark 24-48 hours when I take her out n chop branches to hang, do I need to stay in dark ??? I think I Kno what you mean bout how u want the break to be… cool :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@AfgVet so your saying when u see RH is at 65you jar up???

2 Likes

Alot of growers chop just before lights on are scheduled (even with the extended dark period)

Its to chop with nutrients still in the ground. At lights on they begin pulling nutrients to photosynthesize. So u chop before while they on empty to have a ‘smoother taste’

3 Likes

Yes, when I get down to about 65 I’ll jar them and burp the jars until it drops to 62

3 Likes