First attempt at LST...did I fail?

I have attempted to try my hand at LST…just looking for pointers as I’ve never done it before if I’ve got the technique down or is there something I’m not doing. I have attached before and after pics for reference. TIA!

Looks alright to me. I believe that I would have bent the main quite a bit but, that’s just me :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

2 Likes

Looks good. Keep an eye on how much stress the ties are putting on the nodes while she finishes stretching. I’ve split nodes before.

Honey and aloe to the rescue. I tend to be a node splitting, branch breaking mofo myself :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

4 Likes

Is it an auto? Am I right, it is setting flower?

I’ll definitely do that if you believe that would be a good idea I’m for it…i follow alot of your posts and replies and you have the KNOWLEDGE my friend.

1 Like

Correct, its an auto and yes its about a week in flower

1 Like

@Nate_Ryan OK. Not much more you can do with it now. Next time start when the plant is 4 or 5 nodes tall. The purpose of LST is to spread and level. Spread so every bud receives the same amount / or as much light as possible. Level has the same objective of even light distribution and equal distance from the light. When you look at a lights PPFD 6" can have a huge drop off in the amount of light energy striking that part of the plant.

1 Like

Gotcha with this being my first plant I was nervous to branch out with training methods and stuff but with my next ones ill def keep this in mind

2 Likes

I will be the first one to tell you, I have very little knowledge about indoor growing but, have been growing weed outdoors since I was 11 and I will be 56 in August. I will say that I do have a lot of knowledge, on not how to do it, through my growing experience and my experience only, maybe not always the right way but, the way that works for me. I will post a yotube link to a video that may help you.

Take a look at this, maybe it will help. I have a few more if you need them.
I have autos that are about at the same stage as yours and I am still bending on them but, I don’t always follow the rulz. Sometimes I’m the windshield and sometimes, I’m the bug. Here are 2 autos close to where yours are the other day
Before training Purple auto

After training

Gorilla glue before

After

Like I said, I intentionally break the normal rulz, just to see if I can :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

1 Like

I did LST until less than a week from harvest on this bonsai plant :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

1 Like