First attempt at fluxing

Just though I’d share my new grow with everyone and maybe pickup a few tips along the way. Going on week 7 and things are looking good in my opinion. I’m trimming and manipulating approx every 3 days. Any tips will be very much appreciated.

EDIT: I apologize, the images did not upload in order.

White Widow
Soil in fabric pots
PH of runoff: 6-6.5
General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro & calmag
Indoor 3x4x6 grow room
Light system: 400W Hilux MH
Temps; Day 28c / Night 17c
Humidity; Day 20 / Night 60
Ventilation; Yes

21 Likes

Looks great. I’ve been wanting to try that but the vegg time seems too long

3 Likes

u have the start of true manifold/mainline training.!!

this is the skeleton of a plant topped at the 2nd node and had 4 main branches, a tight little bush…
WIN_20181029_14_38_14_Pro

6 Likes

The veg time is definitely tedious, but I am still surprised how easialy a plant can be manipulated. They re-coup quickly too.

3 Likes

Nice plant!

1 Like

11 Likes

So far my grow is going beautifully. I’m just not sure when to let her start growing vertical, and when to trigger flower.

Any suggestions?

10 Likes

This is so cool! What does this achieve? Is this like a netless scrog?

Following for sure :metal: i downloaded this pic for future reference

All depends on how I take it from here I guess.

Switch it to flower now and have 24 main colas main lined to the main stock, or grow it out vertically another 12", then trigger flower and scrog from there…

Really not sure what would be ideal.

2 Likes

I’m watching. Absolutely intrigued to see where this goes.

1 Like

Well I’ve triggered flower as of today on my fluxed white widow… Shes looking healthy and doing great. Wish me luck. I wonder how far shell stretch during flower?

10 Likes

Nice work she’s healthy and beautiful, can’t wait to see the results.

2 Likes

Two weeks since I switched the light cycle and she’s now showing signs of flower. I do regret not growing out her spread for another couple weeks or so before triggering flower, but she’ll produce great colas regardless.

9 Likes

Dont worry about growth she will grow like a triffid very soon, looking good :+1:

1 Like

Im not sure if your yield is going to be phenomenal this time around but you have a great first fluxed plant and i bet you learn a ton about when to let it grow vertical and when to flip to 12/12.

I bet your second plant dwarfs the first. Great journal and great job. Surprising that this journal doesn’t have more curious followers than what it does.

Keep up the good growing :+1:

4 Likes

Now I understand why you shared this one, Brother!

What have you seen to bring you to that conclusion?

I see that you restrain her well, but do you work her stalks as she grows out? That in itself will help to increase your yields by providing a larger plant structure.

Just two pennies tossed in. She looks nice and clean from beginning to now. Great job!

3 Likes

Fantastic grow… I’m definitely watching

1 Like

Yes, definitely learned alot. Looking forward to the next.

2 Likes

I could have filled out the space in the tent a little more had I grown it ou horizontal just a little more. But Im happy with the final structure. Pretty much exactly what i was going for.

What do you mean work the stalks?

3 Likes