Fired Up, Ready to Grow

Thanks!

Day 6 (+2 days germination in water)
AK & WhW 2.25" Bbg 2.6"
Questions:

1. When should I remove humidity domes?
  2. What height should my light be, and should it be at full power now? Currently 15" @ 80%.
  3. Do exhaust & circulation fans need to be on 24/7 or just when lights are on? Currently 18/6 cycle for everything.

I love this forum. So helpful, thank you all!

2 Likes

They are looking great. For my personal preference I run my light higher in seedlings and veg 20 to 24” lower for better light intensity for flower 16 to 18”. I run my fan 24/7 adjusting the speed to keep heat down from lights and constant air movement should be changing air in room every min. Which sounds harder than it actually is I don’t turn my fan to full power till later in their life cycle. Do you know what the humidity is in the room? I keep close to 65 for the little ones and slowly drop it in veg and more in flower till below 50%. Fan should run when lights are off or on. Again those little ones look great. I just started my second round also am just a few days behind you with 2 blueberry kush a granddaddy purple and a super lemon haze. Looking forward to following yours and seeing the progress

1 Like

Day 6 and that big already - man you’re killing it! I think I retarded my girls’ start in life by using those peat pots. Ahh well, lesson learnt for next time anyway.

3 Likes

Looking good so far. Will be watching with interest. I have 2 autos that are 4 and 5 days since sprouting.

2 Likes

Thanks. I raised my light up to 20” on full power. Will keep fan on 24/7.

I still need to but a hygrometer and ph meter, will get this week. Until then, think I should keep humidity domes on?

1 Like

On my journal, @OldTimeRockAndGrow said they keep their domes on for around 2 weeks, if that helps?

Yes it does, thanks!

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Dennis62 @shaggy @patchman @Mrniceguy1 @Oldschool82 @forcedinduction

Will post pics tomorrow, but I’m worried all 3 are stretching too much. Leaves look healthy, just seems like they’re about to tip over. I read about staking vs bending vs more space between them vs increasing light vs lowering light distance vs nutes…not sure how many variables to change at once, and what do try first.

Also, got pH meter and hygrometer. pH = 6.9, humidity 39%, temp 76.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Lower the light first

2 Likes

I would probably lower light too if I though they were stretching too much.

1 Like

Lower the light if your worried they are stretching too much also that humidity is way low. Try to keep higher if you can for seedling and veg. I personally run around 60% during those stages and drop it a little below 50% in flower to keep from having mold issues. Like I said my personal preference.

2 Likes

Lower the light or raise the plant. I use milk crates when I have a bunch going at once so just the little guy gets lifted. Large coffee cans work too. Humidity is low cuz your tent is big compared to whats growing. Add a mister if you can. When your forest grows a bit bigger- meaning having more plants in the tent, the humidity will rise and help stay a bit closer to where you want it to be.

1 Like

Naptown-
I didn’t see what light you were running, but one easy fix is to add a little soil and bury some of the trunk. I did it with my little girl and she’s been fine since (except when I knocked her over the other day. Lowering the light should help too loke everyone else said. I ended up having to do the same thing with mine, and went from 24" to 18." Just watch her to see how she reacts to the change in environment. Good luck, she looks good. Peace…

2 Likes

@Naptown Hey like @patchman said when you transplant you can bury them some but good you are on top of it, I did hlg 100 last grow and I had problems also finding the sweet spot. I am use to my old burples they are way different than the new lights, but you will be fine just watch your plants they will tell ya :smile: good luck

Hello friends. All 3 girls looking good, I think, at 2 weeks. Since they were stretching and looking frail, I lowered the light a bit per @Oldschool82 @dbrn32 @Mrniceguy1 @forcedinduction @Dennis62, then added soil per @patchman to fill around them. Seemed to do the trick. No net gain in height (bc I added soil), they range from 2.5-3.0”.

Stopped using domes 2 days ago, started using both lights yesterday: HLG100V2 3000 18” over the white widow and AK47, ViparspectraProP1000 14” over bubblegum.

Having a hard time getting humidity above 40%, don’t have a humidifier. For now, just spraying tent walls often and adding extra water in the drain trays to evaporate.

Questions:
Do I need to buy a humidifier, Captain Obvious?
Is it too early to transplant and introduce FFOF soil?
When do I start topping or FIMing?

Hope y’all are having a great weekend. It is sunny and 71 in Annapolis today because…um…it is 2020.

4 Likes

Need is s strong word for a humidifier. In most ideal situation you would be able to get your vpd proper. But being off on vpd will usually just slow growth a little and maybe use more nutrients. That doesn’t scream need to me.

4 Likes

Man looking great, and you are doing a great job. Be careful you don’t get light burns on leafs as water drops magnify the light. I have always planted in forever pot so I’m not much on when to transplant. Keep up the good work man. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking great @Naptown :grin:

2 Likes

@Naptown I would top once they reach 5 or 6 nodes, but start lst around 4 nodes, they are looking good my friend, and I mist mine 5 or six times a day with light on, hasn’t affected mine.

1 Like