Firecrackers, have you made/ate them?

Firecrackers, do they work and how do you make them? First attempt so I used 1g bud for 4 servings, total if about 150-175mg THC.
Decarbed marijuana for 30 mins at 220°, crushed and distributed evenly. Baked at 220° for another 25 minutes, wrapped in foil.

*Nutella and Peanut Butter used as the delicious filling.

Finished product-

Update in about hour or so. …

3 Likes

If you can still type!

3 Likes

:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

30 min, nothing yet.

1 Like

Been an hour, ate last 2. That is total of 150-175 mg THC. Last time I had edibles, I had no effect…will this be the same? Am I immuned to the edibles? Stay tuned…

1 Like

empty stomach helps.

1 Like

I’ve only made tinctures and butter (doing my next month’s supply of sleepy time brownies). I can’t sleep without em now. But with em I get LOTS of rest lol.

3 Likes

I’ve always used butter/oil to make edibles. I’m not sure if just decarbing is enough.

1 Like

I got the recipe from Ruffhouse Studios YouTube channel.
@AAA, completely empty stomach.

So this experiment ended a as I expected it would, leaving me unimpressed. While I will admit that the Nutella and PB on saltines was actually pretty tasty, I wouldn’t recommend.

I was also reading that some people cannot process THC through edibles. Hmmm, the experimentation shall continue.

I bet if you heated the peanut butter up, (For 10-15 min) with the decarbed weed in it, it’d be more effective.

I once added 2oz of trim to a batch of booze I was distilling,(about 2 liters) hoping it’d carry over. Nada. Either that or I just didn’t drink enough.

1 Like

Interested to see if the heating of the PB helps.

Have you ever been high from an edible?

2 Likes

Nope but my wife thought she was going to need to go to the hospital after eating 2 mini brownies. I ate 6 and got nothing, needless to say, grocery shopping did not get achieved that day. She was stoned for about 30 hours :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Here’s the @raustin firecracker recipe. They are on my list to try - she’s never steered anyone wrong!

And yes, some people are not affected by smoking weed, and some people are not affected by edibles.

2 Likes

Classic. I guess I’m lucky, I get high all ways.

1 Like

I dont get high off edibles eaither 1 or 2 times they have worked every other time like walking into a wall

1 Like

Maybe it is just me but when I make the budder and then same day make choc candy or brownies, I get so high off of them, I can’t function very good. lol BUT, it seems like days after the same candy or brownies aren’t strong at all. Does freezing them alter the high from them or refrigeration? It generally takes about 45 minutes to feel something.:herb:

I know this is old but I had to tell you this… I make a batch of brownies with an oz. and I cut them into squares and freeze them and I know they last for a few months. They still make me laugh like the first time you smoked weed back in the 70’s. Also, a lot of people strain the oil and throw away the weed but my cheap ass leaves it in the mix. Maybe not as tasty but who cares? One 2 inch square brownie will get you wasted and for newbies half of that .

3 Likes

I don’t throw away the strainings, I leave them in the batter budder. lol I like the taste. My first grow someone told me to pinch the tops out and eat them. I lost almost 50 lbs during my first grow. Going up and down the stairs so many times and I would forget to eat. I guess I am gong to have to do another inside grow because I just weighted and gain 5 of those lbs. back. Damn it! Blame it on the pot.:herb:

2 Likes

I’m trying the edible route again.
1.5 cups butter
1 cup water
10.5 grams ground and decarbed flower
5.0 grams rosin press pucks (mix of GSCX, Blue berry and White Widow)

Slow cooker on low for 3 hours.

I’ll update in a few hours.

1 Like

Add some lecithin if you can, either to the butter or to the brownies or cookies when you make them. 1 Tablespoon in a batch of butter will increase uptake and improve the liver’s ability to metabolize the THC.

I use a LOT more than that: typically I’ll shake kief from flower (I shoot for an ounce or so) and take the remainder and decarb it. Usually about 80 grams or so before decarb. I add 1/2 oz of flower to the decarb (14 grams) and dump that in to 1 1/2 pounds of coconut oil with lecithin and a cup of water. Heat on low for 4 hours (THC extraction is like 95% and far less chlorophyll) then strain and chill. Finish out however you prefer. I do a batch of brownies every 30 days and eat 1 per night. Along about midnight it’s tough to walk down the hallway to pee.

1 Like

I think the lecithin is a key ingredient. Made brownies with and friends that made them without said you could notice. I converted them over plus I am so cheap I dont strain the weed but I leave it in. Taste bad but it is only a large mouth full and done. A little extra fiber.

2 Likes