Fire Og and Skywalker OG outdoor desert

Should I photoperiod these on my own?

Trying to avoid them getting too big, they where put outside March 17th. Figured they would start to flower naturally around june 20th after the summer equinox . Fire OG is on the left and Skywalker OG on the right. Both are ILGM fem seeds.

2 Likes

They are just babies still. You can still have a 12/12 light schedule and they will generally flower 30 to 45 days after breaking the surface. Long as you have that much light outdoors they will be fine. Just do some training like LST. Spread them out and you can contain the height.

1 Like

If you want to keep em small you will have to put them in darkness for 12 hours every night. They won’t flower in the summer until August, if then.

@Big123 grows outdoors. Maybe he’s around.

3 Likes

Definitely am going to start LST. Wasn’t expecting this much growth in 5 weeks, first outdoor grow and all. I thought topping would help but I’ve un successfully done that to both plants already. I guess I’m gonna have my work cut out for me the next 3 months lol.

You would need to modify light cycle if you want those to flower and finish early outdoors.
What’s the temperature range in your area?

Auto flower strains stay smaller because they start flowering young.

I’m in the vegas area. Under a heat wave right now but average temps are usually 80°f during the day and 60°f at night this time of year. I built a swamp cooler to add some humidity being as its extremely dry here and to provide cooling for my green house. I’m looking to ride it out and let them do their thing naturally. Kind why I went with the strians I did. Hoping they’d hold up this summer. So far they love the heat. My greenhouse temps have been in the mid 80s since the end of February during the day so they are well adapted I think. I’m more concerned with the height being a issue.

5 Likes

@elheffe702 any thoughts?

3 Likes

Can you put them in bigger containers and go outside greenhouse?

45-65 gallon range?

1 Like

Taking a bunch of clones will make them smaller!

2 Likes

Do they have to stay in the greenhouse? If not, I’d pot them up and set them out in the yard. I think they will outgrow the greenhouse. If they need to stay in the greenhouse, I’d start topping or at least training them now. I don’t know if you can figure a way to get them in more hours of darkness to get them to start flowering so they’ll hopefully finish within the limited space. The good news is, since there’s no equipment hanging in the ceiling of it, you can let them grow right up to the top. What is it, about 5 feet tall? I think it will be a tight fit once they get going. The heat will make them grow taller faster, too. All that said, I’ve never grown outdoors here (I’m in Vegas, too). As hot as it gets, you might consider even transplanting them right into the yard, so you’re not watering them every 10 minutes, come June. That does limit your options significantly if you need to move them, though.

2 Likes

I concur with all of the above. As @elheffe702 said directly into the ground outside of green house is best fix. :v:

1 Like

The orignal plan was to keep at least one of them inside of the greenhouse I was thinking Fire OG since it looks more bushy already. My greenhouse is 6 feet tall but I’m sure that only at the peak also it is about 24 square feet (6×4). As far as potting up, wouldnt 45 gallon be a bit extreme when limiting size ? I’m already at 10 gallon pots and have never transplanted from that size to bigger. I get the watering problem definitely in June and July. I have set up a drip system also for both plants to water in between feedings or when ever I they show they need extra. Being as I’m out of work for the foreseeable future I have lots of time to water also lol. As far as trying photoperiod and trying to flower them I’m seriously considering doing at least one of the two but having to black out my green house might be a challedge. I’m also in the process of getting my indoor space available but that wont be until late August. I appreciate the help. Will keep everyone updated.

1 Like

That sounds like a plan. Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any help!

Also, you feeling okay? You sound a little stuffed up.

:v::joy:

1 Like

:rofl::man_facepalming: early morning typing with my big ole thumbs on the phone lol I’m feeling well. But felt horrible doing this to my fire og today.

Hope I didnt go too hardcore. Gonna finish tying off the top tommorow it’s already hot and dont wanna stress it too much. What’s your thoughts? I know it’s not pretty.

2 Likes

She’ll love it! Good work. :+1:

Thanks. I was sweating bullets just trying to be gentle nevermind the heat lol. Think I’ll leave skywalker og in there for as long as possible and then she’ll be outside. Also the small one in the first pic is the Og Kush from ilgm she’s been a slow starter, had trouble germinating so she’s about 3 to 4 weeks behind, plus I’m transplanting her little by little instead of dropping her in 10 gallons like I did with the others.

2 Likes

well she loves it so far.

4 Likes

Think its time for Skywalker to get some major LST also lol growing at least a inch a day.

4 Likes

decided to grow them both inside the green house. Think I’m just gonna keep tying them down and grow them together.

4 Likes

@Cali2LVOutdoor hows your Skywalker OG coming along? I just ordered some Skywalker OG seeds cant wait! Love the greenhouse! Set to watch if you don’t mind!

1 Like