Fire ants in soil of 1 outdoor plant help

Is there any other benefits with ag molasses? An it’s not gonna harm anything if I mix ag molasses with unsulfured molasses right?

1 Like

Ima have to say hold off on using ag molas in your pots pot.
This is old school uses for garden and surrounding areas.
I’ve got a couple hundred pounds of it. If I remember :upside_down_face: I’ll mix some up this spring for my out doe girls and see what happens​:+1: I’m sure they will be just fine. Molasses feeds microbes in whatever form it’s delivered.

1 Like

Let me know updates when you use it.

1 Like

I’ve never had much luck with killing fire ants in a natural manner. :frowning: About the only thing that works for me is something I wouldn’t use around crops or medicinal plants. It’s called Orthene, but again I only use it to treat the mounds out in the pasture or out where we walk the dogs.

I first encountered fire ants in Alabama in the early 1970s…now they’re here in SC with a vengeance and seem to hurt more.

I’ve heard Clemson University is working with a parasitic wasp that attacks fire ants, but haven’t read anything on it recently. If it works that would be the safest control probably. I guess it would be kind of like the parasitic wasps you see on tomato hornworms, but smaller?

1 Like