FinnWinn's 2021 Outdoor organic grow - VA southeast

Hello everyone! I’m FinnWinn, or Finn, whichever. New to the forum here. This is my 2021 outdoor organic grow, southeast VA.

A bit about the grow…

I had no idea the plants would get as big as they did. I’ve completed a few outdoor grows (allegedly), and I’ve never seen plants grow this fast. I built the planter boxes 3’ x 3’ with the intention of caging up around the box to protect from weather. The plants got waaay too big and im stuck with the 3x3 footprint. It’s cramped in there, I know. Just kinda running with it at this point.

Organic fertilizers, mostly guano some blood meal, nothing new. But I started using compost tea this year, brewing worm castings and unsulfered blackstrap molasses. I really think this stuff works, I cant think of anything else to explain the growth.

I hope these pics load in order. They go back to the beginning of May, up to now. Questions, comments, and advice always welcome. Good luck to the outdoor growers this year. … yea yea, good luck to you indoor growers too…

The pic with me in it is for size reference. I’m a little over 6ft tall. I look like I’m 4ft tall.

10 Likes

You got skills man

2 Likes

Incredible!! Amazing!!

1 Like

@dirtydave thanks man! Always trying to learn more. Lots of trial and error. Not a perfect grow, but it should be fun!

1 Like

@beachglass thanks! We’ll see how it turns out come harvest. Your Maui looks amazing!

Nice set up you got there. A lot of thought and heart went into that. I feel your pain I have 5x10 and a 10x12 greenhouse full to the sides and tops and very little room left to bend them.

1 Like

Wow. Power of the sun. Oversized plants not the worst problem to have. Good luck maintaining the jungles!

2 Likes

I honestly think I can grow less plants next year and get a better yield by giving them more room to spread out. They won’t be blocking each other’s sunlight.

2 Likes

108° heat index yesterday with 65% humidity. More of the same today. These plants have been dealing with the heat pretty well, so I’m not too concerned. Be glad when the inferno is over, though. Come on October!!!..

I’m documenting this grow on another website forum as well, so some of you may see me twice. Pretty much gonna be a copy and paste sorta thing.

1 Like

Beautiful ladies and set up. That smell soon gonna be lovely

@SilvaBack203 hey, thanks a lot! I’m sure it’s going to be a struggle with them being so cramped. Trimming some inner branches today. Should be fun to see it play out. Stick around!

2 Likes

W.e u cut out u can try to get clones out of it

Btw welcome to the community great people here and alot of research material

2 Likes

@SilvaBack203 thanks! Looking forward to spending some time here. I already have a few clones of the biggest plant. They’re in bad shape right now, but they rooted. I want to try to get some pollen off the clones and pollinate a lower branch. Guess I’m going to try messing with the photoperiod to get the clones to hermie. Practice run for making fem seeds really. More interested in breeding than anything else.

1 Like

Nice. Go 4 it if you have the time. We have some breeders among us that actually share there journals.

1 Like

I’ll definitely look for those journals.

1 Like

Keep us updated Im watching

Welcome to the community. Very nice set up and your ladies are looking awesome! Hope you got some bud trimmers lined up :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@OGIncognito hey thanks! Definitely got the trimmers, think im gonna need some help!

That would be the trimmers I’m talking about. You’re killing it bro and definitely can tell you put in the upfront work. With the evening light hours changing, how’s the temps up there around Sept-Oct? You should start seeing some flowering with getting 12 hours or less sun light, expect a stretch. :love_you_gesture: