Finished product smells/tastes like arse!

Want to know something almost sickening? It was so easy for old farmers I’m starting to think the genetic jumps have made the drying process more difficult or very many are using too many nutes. When I was 13-14 I’d go to my guys house twords fall, he’d just walk in his door and pick a bud off the shriveled up plant just inside the door on the floor. Was an Amish built all wood house in the amish community, he wasn’t amish, just a racist pothead redneck. And that shit tasted fantastic. He had all kinds of different ways to dry it. Including throwing fresh buds in a paper bag and running them over then leaving them in the road for a few days. No one checks what’s in a bag that’s ben ran over. even that didn’t taste like hay. How can they do anything and we have to try hard? Maybe we’re trying too hard.

3 Likes

Maybe. My house seems to always be super high on humidity. Have a dehumid running on full blast always

2 Likes

His house didn’t have electric. In Tennessee on the plateau. So we know he wasn’t using anything. All he did was sprout like 2-300 seedlings each spring. Keep a good amount for himself and sell them at $5 ea. Then he would plant them, go around once to top them, then harvest time. All he ever saw them. Ofc this was gurilla. Only had one on his property. But there was one guy I knew who would buy 4-5 every year, were always bigger and prettier than Jerry’s. Jerry said the guy would go sit and talk to his plants everyday, water them when it was dry out. That’s all the guy did different. The difference was noticable. Just talk and water. And he would sell them all that he didn’t intend to keep. But he also the guy at the local watering hole.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining that. Makes a lot more sense now and seems pretty easy to follow. Appreciate the tips!

I don’t no…just learning about them in this thread.

Jars are in a dark tent so I’m good there I think. Thanks for spelling out the steps you take. Seems simple enough. Thank you!

1 Like

Maybe that’s the trick…I can sing to my plants! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just sit with mine for bit each day and try to keep music going for them. As long as my signal reaches from the shop. There are a few notable tests on music with plants, one done by myth busters. All tests showed a constant of growth vs the control of no music. So we know plants like music, that’s for sure. But all tests had completely different results for what genre of music worked best. So I think it’s probably more of an energy thing. For the myth busters tests metal came out on top. On the second most notable, metal came out last. Everything you see including you is made of energy. Everything you speak and think is energy. My theory is plants probably like positive music. And without specific song listings the genre means nothing. There’s negative and positive songs in any genre. While I may not be a fan, my girls love billie elish. They perk up when her bass lines get going. Like I said. I sit with them. There’s one of her song that pops up and they lay down tho. Don’t remember the name. Just remember skipping it and moving on. They didn’t perk back up there time. Like it may have made them sad. Who knows tho, I disliked it for them.

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll try a little flight of the bumble bee :slight_smile:

On a serious note, that’s really interesting. I’ll try n find the myth busters clip on youtube.

1 Like

I get the humidity down to 61%, or slightly lower, then put it in a mason jar with a Bovida pack (61%). This usually takes several days of careful drying. After sealing it in a jar, I don’t even look at it again for at least a month.
I prefer a few months of “cure time” before I smoke. Until that time, you will get the harsh taste due to chlorophyll still in the bud. Over time the chlorophyll breaks down and the weed looks much more brown. Then you will have what you are looking for. :smiley:

@Reticence So there’s still hope, huh? It doesn’t seem as bad as it did a month ago. Hopefully another month does the trick. Thanks so much! Hard to explain to people that after 4 months of growing, we have to wait another two months before its ready lol. I had no idea about the extra cure time. Thanks for replying, really appreciate it!

3 Likes

Definitely there is hope. I’ve grown some that I was not all that impressed with that aged into a great smoke. THC degrades over time, but I have some that is over a year old which is still GREAT!! :slight_smile:
Slow careful drying followed by sealed in mason jar in cool dark location. That’s the ticket

1 Like

I used to think a friend was a little silly but he said his plants only listened to kshe( local classic rock station) and his plants hated cigarettes but loved to smoke weed. His grows were always huge.

3 Likes

Youd be surprised what you can find with a little observation. And remember that plant is every bit as complex as you and made from the same basic elements. Your DNA is 50% identical to a banana. You could go around all day saying you’re half banana and not be technically incorrect.

3 Likes

50% banana lol that does explain some things :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you all for your tips/advise! I’ll make sure to follow up to this thread in about a month to let you know how the smell/taste is.

1 Like

12 Pack Mini Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit (℉) for Humidors, Greenhouse, Garden, Cellar, Fridge, Closet (Multicolored) Amazon.com

These will work for the jars. Or anything u find like these. Tells the temp and rh in the jars u put it in. Works good enough to get the product past the line. Lol. Just gotta make sure to keep a few Xtra batteries around for them as ya never know how long before u get them they were wearing down battery life on what comes with the meters.