Find of the year or no?

I got that you were joking, meaning can be hard to convey through text, but from my time here I have not once seen someone be mean or derogatory to anyone, and that’s hundreds of topics I have scrolled through.

Yeah, I have total control of my grow, just sometimes have to wait for us to be able to afford whatever it is that I decide I would like to get.

She’s really supportive as it keeps me preoccupied and gives me my own little happy place in the house as I leave maybe once a week or so.

1 Like

If your handy and like Lego then dbrn can help you by guiding through a diy light. Alot of money savings and custom. Who doesn’t like custom😉
I do and did, so far pretty happy🤘

1 Like

Have you seen the prices of Legos recently? Cheaper to 3D print the parts. :joy:

I also probably would mess up every solder with my shaky hands.

1 Like

For real, i wouldn’t have been a Lego kid if I was a youngin now☹️

1 Like

I know right? For the price of a 500 piece Star Wars set now could have filled a couple big totes back in the day!

1 Like

Well thanks to everyone that got me all hopped up on looking for some local deals, (of course said in jest) spent the morning getting a 4x8 tent and a pile of other stuff including 3 lights for 350, too much stuff to list but fans de humidifier ect. Best part was the guys selling it made a new friend and connection in the world we live in. Also a big bag of beans. All was set up to see it all working but never used so I said F it and got it all. Didn’t even negotiate felt like it was a win.

2 Likes

Hells yeah man! That’s awesome and a great find! Glad something good came out of this!!!

1 Like

@BigCat420 @Graysin @The_Cannabowlist @StonedCold13

Does anyone have an opinion or experience withSpyderfarmer lights, SE7000
Considering 2 of these for the new 4x8 tent.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen on Amazon they look like some kickass lights. I spent about 1 grand each on my growers choice roi e720. I’ve never ran spider farmer but @dbrn32 is our lighting expert and im sure he will have something to say about them

1 Like

I will say tho. Check the length and width of those of your installing in a 4×8 ft tent because my growers choice were a super tight fit and they don’t move at all I just adjust light intensity

1 Like

Awesome looking forward to hearing what @dbrn32 has to say, @BigCat420 they are 47” x 47” so hopefully they go in easy, let’s assume I am going to get them, I have a handful of Mars hydro ts2000 and tsw2000 and was considering some multi light options in the big tent but not really sure if that’s what I want.

I think you can do better for that price point.

The HLG Blackbird - their newest light - is $800 and code DUDE gets you 10% off. They do discounts for veterans, too, if you contact them by phone.

You would be in the same margin for wattage (~1200w).

SpiderFarmer is better than Mars Hydro, but I’d avoid them both.

1 Like

Just to clarify, it will be multiple lights in the 4x8 tent either way but trying to just have 2 lights not 5-6

Awesome @Graysin i am going to check them out, if I am going to invest that kind of money I want to get the best I can!

3 Likes

Absolutely. No good reason to go down the wrong road for that kind of investment. I burned $200ish on meh Amazon lights before I grabbed an HLG. Well worth the investment.

@Graysin

I have been meaning to tell you the water chiller for my dwrc has been amazing and keeping things nice and cool, my adventures in hydro is another story all together. I finally have it set up and running and knock on wood seems to be running smoothly. I set up the floratek 3 and so far so good. I currently have it set for ph down and aqua flakes AB. I have jacks 321 that I plan on using for a couple dwc buckets in the very near future.

1 Like

From everything that I have read and learned from the people here KingBrite is a good brand to look into and seems to be what most recommend over Mars or Spider. Samsung LM301B are some of the best led diodes out there, but if you can find the LM301H they are even better. Meanwell drivers seems to be some of the best out there, and try to stay away from Burple (blue/red/purple leds). I learned that the hard way!

1 Like

Yes. KingBrite is my other light in my flower tent next to the HLG. It’s beautiful and I will be buying more as I can afford to replace bad lighting or need to expand.

1 Like

Thats gonna be super tight here was my measurements/dimensions. My main issue was the tight fit not letting me move the lights side to side or even up and down due to the green bars basically touching the edge of the lights all the way around. But I can confidently say mine fit but they won’t ever come out unless I’m buying a new tent lmao they were such a PITA to install with little to no room. Was legit a 3 person job
46.9” L x 46.8” W x 3.2” H | 44 lbs .

1 Like

@BigCat420 i think I am going to probably go with the HLG Black bird, @Graysin recommended, it’s tough when you get so many good recommendations. Until I declare the lights have been ordered I will still be doing research. I just need to get them before the next round of ladies are ready for bloom time.

4 Likes