Finally smoking my Harvest

I finished my harvest I’m in the process of curing, So far I smoked some that dried out. The taste is real smooth There is no harsh feeling at the back of my throat the ash is a real nice white looking ash. It smokes real good it just doesn’t have the gas why. Is it because I have to cure it in order to get that Strong gas. Don’t get me wrong it’s real smooth and it really gets you loaded in fact next time I’m going to harvest it a little sooner because I waited for too many Orange hairs. It’s a very intoxicating high . Has anybody had that problem Where your candidate turns out to be too Strong. It’s a hybrid And you do get really intoxicated for like an hour and a 1/2 but then it wears off. Main question is for it being a real smooth smoke it really doesn’t have that much choke. But don’t get me wrong because it doesn’t have that choking feelis that choking feeling or gassy feeling taste it will get you loaded and plastered you to the couch.

4 Likes

Perfect! That’s what and why I like to smoke!

Congrats on the harvest. Surely if you like it before it can cure. You will very happy after it cures. What was the strain that you did? The wife likes the smoother type, but I like a strong hit myself.

2 Likes

Yeah Isaac I was born in 75 and the strains today are outrageously strong. What I do now is I take a hit set everything down and walk away from it for 20 minutes to a half an hour and figure out if I need to take another hit… peace and love, brother…. It’s so much fun growing your own, because no matter how paranoid and high you get you know you’re the only one that gave it water and grew it.……:flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

3 Likes

It is funny that you mention the 70s. In the late 70s and 80s I would get weed, and sometimes it would have brown spots on what was left of some of the leaves.I used to worry that these spots came from the overuse of fertilizer. But I now know that these spot were more than likely from a calcium deficiency.
But you are very correct when you grow your own you know exactly what goes into the mix.

3 Likes

@Ickey @Spudgunner @Ramblinjoe @IsaacSierra1978

And back then when I was smoking from '78 to '85 , we actually got more sticks and leaves in our bag than we got buds.

4%THC then… versus 20% now!

1 Like

Seed companies could take a little advice and get some old-school genetics like skunk and things we grew up with that didn’t weren’t 20% THC for God sakes there is room for mid grade in our world.:flushed::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy: or take one hit and walk away……lol :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, that brown Columbian stuff that replaced the Mexican once they started spraying paraquat.
Ah, the good ol’ daze!

2 Likes

Acapulco Gold and Original Afghani strains were my fave from the 70’s.

3 Likes

I remember one of my friends father was a biker type guy and he invited me over. I watched him open up a brick of just it was just like they used to say a brick and it was just ducked taped brown solid chunk😝 “ there used to be tons of gold and green coming up here from Mexico ” Jefferson Airplane….We were allowed to take the duck tape off and whatever fell off of the brick we got to have. That was an amazing summer 1991.

You can still find some of the lower THC landrace strains. I almost pulled the trigger on a couple the other day. But I won’t have time to do another run this year, so I didn’t :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think these were autos because Because they went from seed to harvest in 90 days. Does auto flowers start To flower in the 1st month because mine did not. They started to flower around day 45, And then they finished up at a 90 where I had to stop totally possibly overgrown. I have some Harley Quinn CBD sativa in the backyard right now and they probably have another month and a 1/2 because it’s so hot in The Valley… This time I’m gonna grow a little bit of everything what happened what happened was I had some leftover seeds And the 1st grow they came Out pretty good but this time the seeds were kind of Off white looking color looking color not that many tiger stripes I think it was the genetics