Finally got sprouts

You are correct that little appears to be happening but a lot is. Right now they are working on establishing a good root system so that is we’re all the growth is happening. Are the pots dried out or close to it each time you water? IMO this is there most delicate stage. The roots need some air and it is counter intuitive to let the solid get almost dry but that helps them search for water when it is given. Most of the moisture they are still taking on is through the leaves so make sure to spray the inside of the domes at least once a day if not twice.

Are these autos or photos ?

1 Like

Congrats on the girls sprouting.

I was gonna point that out too!

1 Like

@Bubblehead white widow autos, grown in coco/perlite. Seems to be dry but dont wanna stress them with too much either. Thanks all.

1 Like

I don’t use coco so I am not much help here, from what I have read coco dries fast. Some people will water every other day or sooner when plants eat big.

1 Like

The ones in the rapid rooters look very wet . I would transplant them asap to help dry the up some . 4 oz’s of water sounds like a lot of water for their size . @Bubblehead and others have given good advice , I would just spray the dome covers at this stage . I have killed a lot of seedlings by over watering and suffocating the roots . Roots need oxygen . Good luck , you should be ok .

1 Like

Still waiting for them to start growing. Extremely slow in coco. Any recommendations? Do they look healthy to you guys? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

1 Like

@CoyoteCody white widow, coco/perlite first grow.

1 Like

Set to watching, I think waiting for them to establish roots is the hardest part after that they will grow fast.

Painstakingly slow from what I’ve found. When to do this and when not to do that is confusing when they are just sitting there. Mine has made very little progress in 13 days but today seemed to be maybe a little growth. We will learn this process together. Good Luck @CoyoteCody

1 Like

Good luck you you as well @semo63936

1 Like

@Spiney_norman @MrPeat @CoyoteCody @Seeddog @Bubblehead @Myfriendis410

Does this look like adequate growth for 16 days from sprouting? I’ve got some leaf burn on one and the beginning of another. And the other seems like I cant do shit wrong with it. I feel like a dog chasing my tail. By the way, white widow autos from crop king seeds, in coco/perlite using advanced nutrients sensi grow AB and cal mag running 500 ppm over my base of 200 ppm =700 ppm under my California lightworks 500 at 24 inches. Temp swing 75-63, humidity 50 average.

3 Likes

This is mine after 14

1 Like

@semo63936 Yeah it looks normal for size. If the tips touch the soil they will get their tips burned.

Thanks that makes me feel better. @CoyoteCody. My ppm in is around 700 and out is 400. Feeding twice a day. Does that sound normal? One thing that has me stumped is ph in is 5.7 out is 6.7, any ideas? @MrPeat thank you guys for the replies.

1 Like

Gotta count the base TDS as part of the nutrient load. That said, you are way too high.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 what would you shoot for at this age?

I am feeding at 600-650 ppm of gh nutes, it comes out at around 400-500 ppm. It’s at 5.7 ph going in and 6.4 coming out. I’m just following the instructions on the box for my nutes.

1 Like

300 ppm would be about my peak for the age of the plant.

FYI: any solids present in your base water have to be counted as part of your TDS. That means for example: our muni water is 550 ppm. If I want 900 ppm as called out in a grow schedule I can only add 400 ppm to get there. This is a big reason growers use R/O water as they can hammer the plant with the correct amount of the correct nutrients.

2 Likes