Finally got sprouts

Finally got three sprouts. When should I put under mars hydro?

2 Likes

Soon as mine sprout I put them under the light. 24inches with a dome over them. Tell they are a few weeks old.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, lots of great people here. What kind of light do you have them under now? Be careful not to water too much. Like @Axemanjake23 Jake said, a humidity dome may be a good call. Seedlings love heat and humidity.

1 Like

@Bubblehead I’ve been keeping them in a Tupperware bowl with a lid over them to keep humidity in, kept in adark warm spot untill they sprouted, now I’m seeing sprouts I plan on putting them in a humidity tray.

Under my mars hydro ts1000. Will just spray the inside of the tray and a good plant misting once a day for a few 3-5 days? Does that sound acceptable? Temps in tent without fan running mid 80’s.

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan. Will you be running 24/0 or 18/6 to start? Lots of people run 24/0. I like to run 18/6 because I believe they need a break from the light.

I can see the soil right now is waaaaaay too wet.
You need to get that moisture level down soon.

1 Like

Have one looking strong, one so/so, and one barely breaking surface and two no shows. Anything they need? @Spiney_norman, less water?

Not sure about these two.

@Bubblehead I’ve got them under 24 as of now.
@Axemanjake23 your opinion

1 Like

They can look kinda funky when they first pop out. And everything else sounds good.

1 Like

Yes,
That soil needs to be a lot less wet or your going to lose them.

3 Likes

@Spiney_norman, I’ve not sprayed them today, I will look tomorrow and see. They are in rapid rooters not soil so it’s hard for me to judge. Thanks

Am I doing this right? 18/6 light cycle, the two in main pots are getting 4-6 oz ph water with 180ppm sensi grow AB and calmag. Humidity is between 45-65 temp around the low 80’s. The other two will be transplanted tomorrow in 3 gallon pots. Any recommendations appreciated.
@Spiney_norman @Bubblehead @Axemanjake23

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 @Seeddog @MrPeat

Not sure about this girl on the left, she has been sluggish from the start and seems to be yellowing.

2 Likes

By the way, 8 days from seed.

The one might be damping off.

Rule of thumb: as long as the first two leaves remain green; the plant should be given nothing but distilled water. Once the cotyledons yellow you can start a feeding regimen if desired.

2 Likes

Some growers will give seedlings 24/0 light or even 6/2 repeated it gives 18/6 in 24-hours. I like the 18/6 light because I feel they need the rest and I’ve had the best luck with this method. Do some research and experimenting to see what works best for your setup. Calmag and nutrients are not necessary at this stage. Most will not start a feeding program until the cotyledons start to die off, these leaves have the nutrients to keep seedling healthy.

How often are you watering? 4-5 ounces sounds about right for the size of the pots your in. Make sure you water a ring around the plant to make the roots search for water. A good guide is to use the outside of your domes as the proper ring size.

1 Like

I’m watering everyday, probably closer to 4 oz than 6oz. The pots are 7 gallon. I do see a little yellow tint to the 2 in the pots but i’m assuming that I just transplanted them Wednesday might have a little to do with that? The two in the tray are in a dome and are just getting a good spray everyday with no nutes. I will lay off the nutes for a few days on the others untill I see the cotyledons start to turn yellow. They sure do grow painstakingly slow at this point. Thank you guys. @Bubblehead @Myfriendis410

1 Like