Finally 1st grow started!

I’m too new to this to choose a strain that’s difficult. I’ll have to work up to that! :rofl: If Bob said it’s good, not gonna question it! Good luck if you start some & tag me in your journal so I can follow along.

1 Like

I put up a trellis net. Not sure if I got it right. The LSD mutant on left stretching upwards. The wedding cake has lots of her bud sites all squished up at the very top. Anything I need to do here or just let her grow till I can put her through net? They are right at 6 weeks old.(autos) They are starting to smell yummy!

1 Like

@Mhcnola post a pic of your work. It’d help visualize.

3 Likes

Me too i like photos… :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Omg! I totally forgot to add the photos & I wasn’t even high!! Thanks for letting me know :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Looking great in there. 2 things I personally would do. Remove some of the larger fan leaves to expose some of the hidden bud sites and help with air circulation and start tucking the branches and leaves above the net into the empty net squares. The SCROGS and Brent is to create a flat even canopy for even light distribution across the canopy. Tuck and weave the branches as they grow above the net filling the empty squares, when you’re happy with the coverage flip the light to initiate flower :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

@OGIncognito Thank you so much! I wasn’t sure about trimming anything so I wanted to make sure. I was able to get I got the net up in the 4th pic & was able to get lots of the one on left through it. Couldn’t get as much of the other, she’s still a teeny bit short but I have them bent towards them waiting and the ones I did lst, also aren’t tall enough so I left them bent over & held in place with pipe cleaners. I’m getting in bed & already had my nighttime med so I’d be dangerous with the snippers till I wake up later but will get a trim then! They are autos so I don’t have to flip lights. They’re on 100% now.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thought you had 1 photo period in there :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I tried unsuccessfully to germ a Northern Lights photo but the seed didn’t cooperate

2 Likes

@OGIncognito I gave them a lil haircut. Did I take off too much or need to take more? The taller one is spreading out well in net. The shorty has so many bud sites right on top. Tried to separate as good as possible. When she gets another inch she’ll fit into net so I tucked lots of leaves.

4 Likes

I would sure consider putting a high chair under the one on the right maybe a pot that you rarely use or like I did with a tupperware bowl and lid. If fact I did that today myself.
Of course to do that you have to carefully and work that net up. Then your plants would be close to the same height and the same distance from the light. Then you can lower the net and use it like a SROG where you move the stems horizontally to a square that’s not straight up and let them grow through that square you choose. They will straighten up and grow to the light. Or you can use the net to support your buds when they get heavy… Depends on your Goal with the net.

Looks to me that you trimmed just like OG advised and you did well.
:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice work and good timing, they’ll fill out and look like it never happened in a week or so :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@nmgeo Thanks! I have some plant risers. I’ll definitely do that when someone comes over so I can hold it up to get it underneath Using the net & spreading out should increase bud, huh? I can prop those girls up, I have some bamboo if needed. More & better weed always! @OGIncognito On the tall one, the very tallest back leaves at top is coving a few bud sites under the top one. Should I remove them…only 2-3. Or do those need to stay during flour? When do they stop getting recharge? Can’t remember. How much longer do you estimate from this point? I think they will be a bit behind the seed description d/t my newbie mistakes.

1 Like

Im doing a SCROG too. Except I have a while before I can do that. Ima need you to perfect this technique (with plenty of pictures) so I have something to go by when mine gets big enough to do so. :sweat_smile:

Looking great!

2 Likes

You did an excellent defoliation, let them recover and you can pluck a few leaves here and there after. Bud development is dependent on the leaves that feed them, large or medium fan leaves are safe to remove but always give them some recovery time. I feed the recharge every 2 weeks up to the last few weeks of flower. They’ve pretty much stop feeding at this point and I water feed those last 2 weeks :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I would say they have a good 10 weeks left. The advertised seed to harvest is a guesstimate and the stated 8,10, or 12 weeks is from preflower. Once the pretty white hairs (pistils) start turning brown and receding back into the bud is a good time to check Trichomes :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

So exciting! @ZenMarie I’ll definitely keep taking pics! @OGIncognito these are autos, they’re only supposed take that long from seed to harvest but I know they’ll go longer bc according to the strain info, it’s 9-10 wks total. They’re gonna take however long they wanna take. They say patience is a virtue but sometimes I’m lacking esp when I have no stash :grimacing: Everyone have an excellent weekend! :v:

2 Likes

Time to get a macro so I can start checking for trichomes!
Recommendations anyone?

3 Likes

I still have my 1st one, a vivosun with 2 lights and mag glass. $12-15 bucks and works well.

2 Likes

You can order you a Jeweler’s loupe :sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like