Finally 1st grow started!

Finally got this going. LSD-25 & Wedding Cake autos. Equip: 3x3x6 tent, ChillTech 3x mini 200 watt light, Apera PC60 ph+ meter, 5 gal fabric grow bags, Jacks 321, ~ 70-30 Coco/Perlite. Will get the ac infinity fan/filter in there soon. Rehydrated coco w Jacks, soaked seeds in distilled water then to moist paper towels. Both popped w tail starting after just 24 hours. Into solo cups. Broke ground on 3/31. I plan to put grow dots in one plant & Jacks with other. I have Mycos & recharge. When do I start w recharge? Any while in solo cups or no? So at one week, girls seem a bit stretched. Light wasn’t very strong until I got my big light wired. Is there anything I should do abt it or will they be ok like they are? Temp in tent 73 RH 60% @dbrn32 @GreenSnek @Nicky @Syndrix @Mark0427 @CurrDogg420 @PurpNGold74 @Graysin @Tylersays @Storm Feel free to tag anyone & thanks for following along

15 Likes

When you go to transplant em, Bury the stems up to just below the cotyledons. The stem underground will just turn into more roots, so it’s actually a big advantage.

I don’t really start recharge until midway through vegging. I just don’t see a great reason to use it earlier. Maybe there is one - like providing microbes and molasses (food for microbes) to the root zone.

Lookin’ like you’re off to a strong start. Can’t wait to watch along. :eyes:

8 Likes

Congrats and off to a great start. Seeing as you have a few days before transplant, you can top the solo cups off to support that stem. If the 70/30 coco only has the jacks 321 you can top feed the recharge after transplant :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Thanks man, I was actually wondering if I could do that when transplanting since when transplanting tomatoes you should bury them good for better roots. Glad I can do that!

7 Likes

@Covertgrower @GreenSnek @CoyoteCody @beardless @SilvaBack203 @Awarth32 @ConcreteBudz @Highwayman420 @JAQ @VirginiaGrowBoy Sorry if I’ve missed anyone who has helped me get this far!

10 Likes

TBH, I’ve been giving my current seedlings the same feed I’ve been giving the big girls but diluted to cut it in half. So they’ve been getting microbes and Jacks every week or so since birth!
Mykos is microbes so why would others not be beneficial at all stages of growth was my thinking. They’re supposed to facilitate the delivery of nutes to the plant and keep feeding at a rate the plant can consume so I didn’t see where it could hurt anything.
Besides I’m not sure if there are any naturally in coco but a healthy soil is gonna have microbes unless you microwave it before use which would be a bad idea! LOL!

4 Likes

Thanks! Yes only coco/perlite & Jacks. Will put mycos at roots when transplanting. How do you know it’ll be time to transplant in a few days?

4 Likes

I was thinking about adding worm castings to the coco/perlite before I transplant. I’ll add Mykos at roots but what microbes do you water with? Yes, coco itself has nothing in it at all

3 Likes

I transplant at 12-14 days of germ, their ready then. Good deal on the Mykos at transplant :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

I have never used coco so I’m not sure about the worm castings. I se Mother Earth coco/peat and it’s got worm castings in it, so I guess it’s fine! LOL!
My babies have all had FishSh!t , Recharge and Mommoth P.
They’re way past needing transplant but it’s coming ASAP.

4 Likes

Congrats on your great start! Like others have said you can bury them some when transplanted.

You’ve got a great team of people providing you guidance as well.

I’ve set this journal to watching so I can keep up!

From your original post it sounds like you’ve done the research and have everything you need! Great work!

5 Likes

Sounds like a recipe for success to me. If you had planned on running synthetic high frequency feeding with coco/perlite i would omit the worm castings. This more about things shaking out as you expect than being right/wrong or good/bad.

6 Likes

Thanks! @dbrn32 I’m germinating my veggie seeds now so I can always put them in my garden when I amend that soil. Just pulled up the last broccoli plants so the beds are ready to be amended & turned over. Hopefully I’ll have all kinds of plants to deal with in a couple of months but these babies are what I’m looking the most forward to!

6 Likes

@Syndrix Thanks! This community is awesome! How do you set a journal to watching? I start reading one then forget which one I had been reading lol

2 Likes

At the very bottom of a topic you will find the notification settings.

There you have a few options, but if you set to watching anytime someone makes a post in that topic it goes to your notification list.

Happy growing!

2 Likes

Sounds like it will be a nice grow and set up

4 Likes

I add worm castings, mychorrizae, recharge, load it up!!! Aounds like your off to a good start just the little stretch

3 Likes

When you transplant just bury them a little further thats all

3 Likes

Yup ill be hanging out over here in the cut. Sounds like a solid setup and looks like a solid start. Best of luck and happy growing

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ve been looking but not seeing! I like reading the other grows w all the suggestions & questions getting answers.

2 Likes