Final defoliation on the colas didn’t go overboard

People smarter than me suggested a defoliation of my buds. Still makes me nervous.

9 Likes

They look good to me

4 Likes

Looks good to me too! Coulda went a bit further if your close enough to the end

3 Likes

Looks good, makes us all nervous at first.

6 Likes

Nice job!

2 Likes

I think I have a good 10 days left. I have to scope them tonight

I think it’s the Sick one… @imSICKkid who started it… but he pulls every leaf that u can see the stem around Day 21 (if Im not mistaken) and it works wonders…

Im still too squeamish (3+ years in :rofl:) for all that, but by a week or 2 left? O thats easy lol

2 Likes

Yea they would struggle on for some time with no leaves

His plants actually thrive. Hopefully he’ll chime with before afters

1 Like

Don’t cut anymore off!! That looks good as is. The plant still needs some of the leafs to finish it’s lifecycle. Yes those leafs will die but let the plant do it on it’s own. At this time you will not see anymore of a yield if removing more. If so you may get a smaller yeild by stripping it clean.

Some will agree some will not. Some dry trim and some wet trim. To adjust ph or not.
The world of growing is ever changing but the concept of a plants growth and lifecycle has ‘always’ been the same.

Keep up thw great work as you are on the correct path.
Happy growing…

3 Likes

They weren’t stripped. I really only did two colas as a test and decided that I would not go any further. They really have quite a bit of foliage still present

1 Like

One thing that will probably freak everyone out , I decided I would keep things relatively simple aside from my soil mix. I’ve never taken a ph reading . Some will call me ignorant but an issue has never arisen from it.

5 Likes

I dont take ph readings any more i use to and was told i dint have to if my soil is amended correctly being organic the microbes will take care of it for me

3 Likes

Just adds to the things to complicate grows. You have to really screw up things to have a ph issue that really causes set backs. Adding a whole bunch of crap you don’t understand is usually the issue

2 Likes

A couple pics of 2 photo’s I’m getting ready to flip…

2 Likes