Fim'ing Vs Topping

Have read up a lot about fim’ing and was thinking of giving it a go. I topped my outdoor girls this year and got 4 new branches and cloned the tip for extra yymminess
So the question I am asking is what is the advantage of fim’ing and can anyone share some pics of their plants at least a month after it was done so I can see how well it looks

Thanks heaps guys for all your valuable information x

Happy cake day, @Lethal.

2 Likes

Hey how ya doing i just fim a auto flower i fimed it six times the top of the plant got done twice and i done all branches i currently had 18 tops on my plant ,so i would do fimming you get four branches straight up

1 Like

The advantage is recovery time for your plant.

Takes less time to recover from fim than a top with same results

4 Likes

Happy cake day ,The advantage would be 4 colas if it is a successful fim . disadvantage with an (auto ) it might be too late to try again. good luck :v:

3 Likes

Would love to see some photos of the fim’ing after about a month so I can see the results…it sounds a great idea :smile:

1 Like

I love topping, a few times. But I have never successfully FIMd, tried many many times but I miss some how. Tried pinching with fingers, cutting with small scissors even tried finger nail clippers. Just never got more then 2 shots :upside_down_face: good luck and don’t be to nervous to try :muscle: they are very strong plants :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

:point_up_2: versus a 2 top :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Personally I like the structure I get from topping. That and a little LST, to pull the branches outwards, and the plant can fill in the rest. Sometimes that one topping is all I need. Sometimes the mains need to be slowed down and I’ll do it one more time.

6 Likes

I’m with you brother , I top one time spread the outer limbs out an let her fill in. :v:

6 Likes