FIM Fail? Help Plz

If you attempted to fim I would just leave it be.
Your fim. Will either be successful or you already topped them.

My suggestion would be to understand what you did wrong so you can be successful in the future, growing is all about learning from our many failures.

Once you have learned I would try again. If your growing photos no harm no foul with trying again. Might as well learn, at least that’s how I see it.

2 Likes

@Nicky Thx kindly! The thing is that the result of my FIM attempt didn’t act like a “topping” either as I have one main center cola growing still. I do want to scrog as well further along. So would I be good to go ahead with topping? I did the FIM cut 10/06. I’ll take pics & post in the morning…:v:Oh, they are photos.

Either or will work.

1 Like

At 1st light today after topping last night.

I think they look perfect. And you left a nice stump where you topped them - and plants look healthy and thick!! Nice!

When/how do you tell if a fim is successful?

1 Like

@IKnowURider
Thx much! They are starting to bush out now. Yesterday I started to prune the plant bottom undergrowth. Very sparingly. Figured a little each time would be the most safe. Sound about right? Oh, and I love your username. I am a long time fellow Deadhead.
Freak freely✌️

1 Like

Very cool!! Looks great. And yes - but I would only remove the old and starting to die fan leaves at very bottom of plants - target ones that would open up a light hole or let air into the middle of the plant - very sparingly now. After you are a in 12/12 bloom light schedule is started - you can remove more of the old fan leaves - I usually take about 5 or so fan leaves from each plant each day until I have the very bottom of the plant cleaned up from the wilting fan leaves. My understanding is that the job of the big fan leaves is mostly done when you get into bloom.

1 Like

I am not sure. I prefer topping mine and leaving a stub like HapHazard showed - that prevents the main cola from growing back and forces 4 evenly developed colas to emerge during bloom.

1 Like

Lol. I’m running autos my first time growing anything ever so I decided to experiment with fim on the smallest one. I’ll settle for not dying.

2 Likes

Yeah - and I’ve heard the best thing to do with autos is to let them do their thing. They are already on the clock - so messing with them too much can cut some time off at the end when they are swelling buds :handshake:

2 Likes

I came back to look at it and I can see you missed it.

Look at the update to my thread I discuss what you did and another member did, I just didn’t catch it on your thread.

3 Likes

@Nicky
Thx kindly! :v:

1 Like

@IKnowURider
Today’s 1st light view.
2 Wedding Cake
Started to train 2 days ago in attempt to widen out the growth.

1 Like

@IKnowURider
2 Gelato 1st thing today.
They are bushing out nicely on their own.

All 4

3 Likes

Those look really really nice. Looks like you are getting great new growth. What light are you running? They look like they could handle some more light - but not necessary now. I’m thinking about the end of bloom… They are also bushy - just make sure you have a lot of air moving in the tent. When mine look like that (they do now - Exotic Gelato in 2nd week of bloom and topped) - I struggle to keep the dew off leaves that touch. That can lead to mold at the end. Whats your humidity like in your grow space?

I’d like to add @Covertgrower - Im new to indoors grow and I only grow in DWC. He helped me a lot along with @HappyHydroGrower and @peachfuzz . This is the team :handshake:

4 Likes

They handled the topping nicely :handshake: Now for 4 colas … and my Gelato may be shaping into 6 main colas. They are growing machines.

1 Like

You have a couple. There hat the new growth is much lighter in color… Are you feeding them? They are looking like they are starting to get hungry possibly.

What’s your run off tds?