FFOF / FFHF Cocktail

Hey Guys
Well here are the kids, still not happy, I’ve been on a couple threads and we have all agreed that my soil IS the problem…
I’ve ordered FFOF and FFHF, due in a few days, hopefully these can hang until then …
Question now is, these are just barely over 5 weeks…tiny huh ?
Too young for straight FFOF ?, …the little in the middle sure is,
can I do a blend, of OF in the bottom 1/3 and the rest HF ?

1 Like

What soil are they in now? They look hungry.

Its what retail calls top and potting… its crap mixed with alot of wood mulch…
I am amazed they have hung on this long

when I say crap, I mean the Ph is jacked so high, my runoff is brown and 7.6

I put my sprouts much smaller than yours directly in FFOF after sprouting them in peet pods and never had a problem. If you’re concerned, layer the soil with the FFOF at the bottom

2 Likes

I’ve got a bag of Coco, Yes, layer it but, could I mix a little of that through all of it… ? 10% maybe ?

2 Likes

Sure, why not. I add some perlite to my FFOF to make it drain better.

1 Like

Speaking of FFOF. When I first filled my pots , I filled to about 1 inch away from the top of the pot. 5 weeks later my soil is now about 2-1/2 inches away. Appears it has settled.
Should I add more on top or just roll with it?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Add more soil

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply bro. Just so I don’t do anything stupid. I’m running jacks 321 at 3/4 strength atm because I was still a little worried that the ffof had a minimal amount of it’s amendments left.

Should I reduce my nutes if I add more ffof? Or would it be better to top the pot off with ffhf ? I have both on hand.

Just don’t want to burn anything.

I transplant my plants into the ground outside at around 6 weeks into my home made soil. I’m no expert on nutes. I use some later in flower but not much. I mainly use tribus, molasses, silica and epsom salt. I use a little FF tiger bloom and big bloom mixed in once in awhile. Other people here can give better advice on FF nutes

1 Like

When you mentioned adding more soil. Should I add more of the ffof? I also have ffhf.
Like I said. I’m in week 5 of veg and my pots went from the soil being 1 inch away from the top to almost 3. You said to add more.

FFOF all the way to the top

2 Likes

Thanks a ton man!

I put mine in HF in solo cups, they are no where near big as yours when I would place that into OF that I added a little more perlite to. Not alot maybe 10%, just a little extra…
And never had any trouble.

2 Likes

I put Xtra perlite in my ff soil. About 6 scoops ff to 1 scoop perlite. I use to put in some coco with less perlite but it seemed to cause problems. I stopped using coco and I now have less problems.
Right I don’t know much about the soil they are in. Probably nothing wrong with it unless it is like miracle grow. Just look hungry to me. Even if you put in new ff someday you will have to feed. With ff you will need cal mag and if you add coco you will need more cal mag. Just adding xtra perlite will let the soil drain better. The coco retains water.
Even without coco you still need to give cal mag with ff soil. Hope I said everything right dang I’m tired
In other words

23DFD9B4-1767-4FCC-9E94-8656337D43BB

1 Like

You can do a mix of fox farm ocean Forest and happy frog and coco with perlite if you wanted to

1 Like

Have you ever ran that mix. Just asking cause I suck with that mix. Also have read of others here that have problems with it also.
Of coarse I also don’t know what ratios your putting in of what.

Im only going what ive seen people do on you tube i cant get fox farm products where i live but i do know that the ocean Forest and happy frog mix with perlite is good the guy from the you tube channel 420sence used to run ocean Forest and happy frog and strawberry Fields he put the strawberry Fields on the bottom of his pot with 10% perlite then he would put a mix of ocean Forest and happy frog on top

1 Like

That all makes sense. I think xtra added coco is what messes it up. In the threads I have read on
Can you help ff soil and yellowing or spotting leaves. Coco seems to show up as part of there xtra amendments to there HF or OF. I took it out of mine and things are so much better for me now. Still have to add cal mag but it works. I will never put coco in again just more perlite. I think I’m at 6 to 1 ratio.

1 Like