FF soil mixing question

Hi all - I was planning on filling 5 gal pots with about 50% FF OF at the bottom, 30% HF on top, and then 20% perlite mixed throughout. The place was out of perlite though so I bought a bag of the FF Cultivation Nation 70/30 coco/perlite before I gave it much thought.

My question is, can I stick to the 20% with that substitution without any risk or should I go find another place and buy perlite without the coco and return this bag?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Definitely go get straight perlite to mix in and discard or use the coco elsewhere

4 Likes

Don’t mix. Each takes different ph balace

2 Likes

If you’re putting Happy Frog on top just for seedlings, just put few inches for them and the rest can be OceanForest @SandyC . I mixed my own super soil using Ocean Forest, worm castings, azomite, coco, and perlite. It was too hot for seedlings so I put FF Warrior the first 4 inches of the pot. I had great growth, but I kept getting bugs so I switched to hydro. No bugs.

2 Likes

Every bag of coco mix and soil I’ve ever seen said 6.0-6.5 or 5.5-6.5. I see no issues

1 Like

You can also “stack” some ff strawberry fields at the bottom of the pot to give your bloom phase a kick start

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, your insight is always so appreciated.

UPS just came and delivered xmas (whoops, not the bass although it’s pretty sweet too)!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

@SandyC you’re ready to rock now

2 Likes

I got the new bass set up properly today too. She’s stunning and rips. Those of y’all familiar with Hugger Orange from back in the day will understand :pray::partying_face::joy:

4 Likes

its beautiful

1 Like