Few questions about Promix MP organik

Hey all,
I usually try and use either fox farm happy frog or ocean forest even though its ridiculously expensive here. However, my local place I use is out of all of that stuff. Ended up picking up a bale of this Pro mix MP for really cheap at a local nursery. Its apparently got 65% peat, coco coir, perlite, limestone and mycocorizae (sp?). Its super porous and the water just kind of runs through it. I was unaware at the time that this is actually considered a soilless medium. My question is how should I ph my water? Since its soilless do I lean to a more acidic ph like with hydro?
I have the FF trio of nutes so when should I start using them? I’m real nervous about any kind of nutes since my last grow I had what I believe was nutrient lockout and all kinds of problems due to my ignorance and over zealousness. Hoping for success here. I posted previously, with pics, about the spots on my leaves, got cal mag, and then got Nute burn on the tips even at half the recommended dose. Is that due to the limestone in the pro mix? Since I ran out of ocean forest I have several ladies in just OF and then some in a mix of OF and pro mix, and then some in straight up promix with a little extra perlite. Thanks in advance for taking the time to offer any insight.

1 Like

Just promix you should be okay. Ph should be at 5.8.

1 Like

ph of soil is about 5.8 right? I actually just got off phone with promix rep. Says no need to ph the water. Its the bicarbonates in the soil and the nutes you feed that change the ph so basically I’ll just checking my runoff is my takeaway. Yes?

I would highly recommend to ph at 5.8 anyways. I know the rep is trying to sell the product, but I want you to have good weed in the end. Soil ph is typically 6.2-6.5.
@Myfriendis410 probably can give better insight. He’s grown in it.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower gave good advice. With coco in that mix your PH is around 5.8. Soil should be 6.3.

You have a bunch of different things going on and you will have a fun time of trying to supplement for each of these in different mixes. Runoff TDS and supplement based on that data is all I can suggest.

1 Like

That’s what I want too! Thanks for the reply. I keep calling pro mix soil even though it isn’t.

1 Like