Few concerns about my grow please help

Hey guys hope everyone is well, Im currently in day 32 with my zkittlez and my first grow. Seems all well but i do have a few questions and concerns if anyone can help.
If you look at the pictures you will see some Light burn(Maybe?) mostly at the top of the plants so i ended up bringing my light as high as it goes (24 inch from canopy) and i cannot bring my lights any higher and my plants keeps growing!! About 20 inches now. What should I do? I dont want it to continue to burn. I can bring the dimmer down if that helps.
FYI I have not fed any nutes yet. Growing in FFHP and FFOF. Planning on introducing them during week 5.

I am also seeing some yellow tips now around the plant, its very small tho can it be soil being so hot?
If theres anything you guys can see or any other concerns please let me know, I want to learn as much as i can. Thanks guys

PS ignore my LST wires lol, I gave up on it since i decided to do it so late

1 Like

@Covertgrower @Deepsix sorry theres more people to tag its just yall 2 get back to me frequently so thank you

1 Like

I think you should not give up on LST yet hehe

You can try to tie the main stem gently with a longer wire. It will give you vertical space.

How much vertical space you still have?

3 Likes

Silica supplements help with the heat/light stress.
Looking at your plants it does not seem like your lights are strong enough. I have had plants grow up into and past the lights. I dont think 20" should be doing this.

2 Likes

@Spiney_norman great observation! Also the lower leaves are having the same issue. What are your temps?

77 to 81
I have had a couple plants that just seemed to do that all the way thru.
Skinny twisted new leaves, but they were fine a few days later.
Overall yours look really good. Good color, no nute burn or deficiencies.

1 Like

like @GoodMafia said. There is a technique i have read about where you roll the stem between your thumb and fore finger gently squeeze it while bending it. Never tried it. Maybe @Covertgrower @MrPeat @Not2SureYet @Happilyretired Know.

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me! Sorry if i sound like a noob but what exactly do you mean the lights are not strong enough?? not to strong to cause the light burns? Its just weird that its happening only on the top of the plant. Sorry for the confusion the light WAS 24 inch away from plants 3 days ago but it grew about 3-4 inch since so now its about 20inch away from the light…

I will look into Silica supplements just incase tho

1 Like

I want to but im nervous i might hurt the plant smh. So just bend the Main stem a bit ? Even tho its flowering ?

1 Like

I don’t like to squeeze the branch. I use paracord and grow them horizontal. Then release once it has weight in flowers.

3 Likes

my tent is about 63 inch but my from plant to light i only have about 20 inch left. I cannot bring the light higher unless i do some DIY project lol

1 Like

Yes didn’t mean to squeeze the stem. Simply like this doing it gently

1 Like

Thanks man im just nervous about the whole Yellow tips coming out of the top so i just wasnt sure if its Soil being to hot or Light burn. These girls keep growing taller so i was getting worried. They are about 20 inches long now sheesh

This is ok to do even tho im at 5 weeks because now i want to do this lol? I just dont want to mess nothing up.

:joy: be strong! You can do it lol. This is an LST technique and you can do it in all stages! I would do it now since the stem will be harden in tow more weeks. Do it gently. You can tie it a little bit everyday, gradually I mean if you don’t feel comfortable.

I did this for another but it shows what you are looking for

1 Like

LIke in the video @Not2SureYet posted. Super crop I couldn’t think what it was called LOL

1 Like

Yes I have already seen it done in veg not in flowering stage. I recommend LST here only, again it is my choice.

1 Like

The comment about lights was from the way your plants look.
If lighting is not strong enough a plant will look like this…

Stretched stems, lots of space between foliage.
A plant with good strong lighting will look like this…
Thick filled in foiliage.
There are exceptions of course, but generally when I see a plant like the first pic in this post I think “Not Enough Light”

2 Likes

Yep. That’s pretty much it. It’s fine though.
Others covered you on super cropping. Super easy after you do it a few times.

1 Like