Fertilizer starter ruined my plants and they’re barely alive, any advice on how to save these plants?

A customer has a question or concerns and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“I recently started a new batch of fruity mix pack. And actually bought the fertilizer starter pack as well. I followed the fert directions. You can see the effects of this fert on my plants. It has ruined them and they’re barely alive. Again I followed the .5 gram per 1 liter ratio exactly as described by Robert. Last grow I didn’t use any ferts and all plants were fine. This time I tried to make them bigger and that was a huge - and expensive - mistake. The ferts are the only new thing I’ve added this grow. Could you please look at the photos and offer some advice on how to save these plants?”

I don’t think you suppose to feed them because are to young for nutes, the soil have enough food for them for maybe 2 weeks or more depending on what type of soil you use.
You need to fill this support ticket and maybe you can put a picture in natural light.
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
Pt
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

I don’t know if flushing will kill your baby’s :seedling: but I think you need to do that. But wait for more answers please before you act.

First up Welcome to ILGM.

OK…first of all What soil do you use.?
Second you never feed seedlings and
Third your going to transplant then into soil that has very little nutrients. If you want to save them.
If you need help tag me like this @garrigan65 ok

Will joint

Hi all. Thank you for your help in saving these plants! I have flushed them 3 times. Only one plant is normal. The other are all drooping and concaved.

Some more details:

Strains = blueberry, strawberry, pineapple all from seed

Medium = Fox Farm organic soil

Nutes = robert’s guide on ILGM followed specifically .5 g per liter of water (image attached).

Light = 300w LED 18/6 schedule

Indoor tent

Temp varies from 70-78 Fahrenheit

Ph = 6-6.4

Humidity about 70%

@garrigan65

I did the same thing with 2 blueberry autos. I killed them. If you’re using Ocean Forest, it’s way too hot for seedlings. The best thing to do is put them in peat pellets to start. After they get going, plant the peat pellet with the seedling in it into the soil and the root will grow naturally into the soil. I haven’t lost any more plants since I’ve been doing it this way. I don’t feed any nutrients until they have at least three nodes of leaves. Even autos.

Would you al recommend I repot them into a less nutritious medium while they recover from my over nute?

Just follow the instructions provided by @garrigan65
And yes, repot them and just water for a few day… Also I personally do a little flush before putting them in new homes.
3 x the amount of dirt- for each plant…
Ex : 1 gallon soil pot needs to be flushed by 3 gallon of water, 3gal pot =9gal of water)
In your case you need to approximate the amount soil you have in 1 pot.
Adjust the pH value to 6.5 then slowly water, wait 15min after you use 1/3 of the amount of water.
I hope you understand… Also some videos on YouTube will help.
And do your best to dry them fast after flushing!

Will be great if you a tds meter to measure the amount of elements you have
I hope this help
Seedlings, Early Sprouts – 100 to 250ppm
Early Veg’ Stage – 300 to 400 ppm
Full Vegetation Stage – 450 to 700ppm
Early Blooming Stage – 750 to 950ppm
Full Mature Bloom/Ripening Stage – 1000 to 1600ppm
PS you can measure the runoff and see how hot :fire: is that soil

@Patte01,

I too have had to do the same as you.
It’s very easy. Just make the holes in their new homes first. Then mix up a gal of water and add 3 caps full of hydrogen peroxide, 2 mm of Liquid Thrive and 2 mm of Root Stimmulator. But first make sure that you have removed all or as much of the old soil as possible,
Place them in their new homes and water with the solution and your done,
and you don’t have to flush either.

Will

Saw your girls were sick. Listen to Will, they can be saved just follow his directions. Good luck to you,!

Thank you, Will. If I don’t have nitrogen peroxide or liquid thrive, would bat guano be a good substitute?

I do have root stimulator :+1:t3:

Also, how do you feel about fox farm soil? I was going to re pot them into (non nuted) ff soil.

Thanks!

@Patte01,

No bat guano at all. Worm castings would be perfect,
Peroxide can be bought at any drug store pretty cheap,
But if thst’s all you have that’s ok, they will be fine…trust me on this been there done that ok

Will 48

Listen to Will: root stimulator, maybe some Mykos but fertilizer is what got you in trouble.

Oh ok, hydrogen peroxide ( I was looking for nitrogen peroxide). Yep I can get that quickly!

And I do have worm castings already. Thanks, Will. I’ll update in a few weeks to let you know if we held a funeral or party for the girls :wink:

@Patte01,

I’ll be ready for the party…but you’ll know well before two weeks you’ll know in a couple of days.

AND I’m very sorry, that was a type’o on the nitrogen when it should have been hydrogen peroxide.

Will

and you’ll be party

@donaldj,

Thank you sir…I was going to do just that but got side tracked. But anyway merry Xmas and thanks again

Will thumb

No prob I know spelling gets lost when we are rushing or using tablet :wink: I got what you were saying but depending how new a person is to growing?
Merry X-mas

Follow the instructions from what was given and as an extra security try to cover or encase plants in a dome to up humidity greatly. This will help plants recover faster as well. Fed way too young, but can maybe be saved.