Fergus’s Grows 1-6

Looking good my friend :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v: In my opinion :v:

1 Like

Looking great. I agree with myfriendis410 on pot color.

If you look at roottrapperII pots they have a laminate layer around the sides that does not allow water to escape but since the side facing the roots still is felt, the roots will still air prune.

What I’m getting at is maybe you can use white flex seal and spray a band around the center of the black pots to make DIY roottrapper pots.

https://www.amazon.com/RootMaker-RootTrapper-II-10-gal/dp/B06XXWG7X8

Thanks for that @AAA interesting.
I did manage to find another company here that had light coloured pots so Ive ordered those too.

Going along nicely so far.
As I really dont want to discard any of these altogether I will put one in an outdoor plastic house and attempt to keep the other 2 small for the tent.
Is shortening the vege phase and switching early to 12/12 for flowering a good way to achieve smaller plants.
Thank you.
@Myfriendis410 @repins12 @dbrn32 @Bulldognuts @blackthumbbetty @AAA

4 Likes

If they are mature yes. If the plants aren6old enough to flower and switched to 12/12 you will just induce a little more stretch, which could lead to larger plants actually. They should be at least 4-5 weeks old before you try to flower.

2 Likes

Yep. Yours look to be a little young.

1 Like

Yes indeed. I was just getting in early with the question mate but as long as I have your expertise, when should I re pot and when should I start feeding?
@AAA @dbrn32

They are big enough to transplant now if you want, or you could wait a little longer. Feeding will depend on how much if any nutrients your medium has.

1 Like

2 weeks today. A bit more interesting now with noticeable daily growth.
@dbrn32 as soon as fabric pots arrive ill transplant

Red pots “Pink panther” Blue pot “Bubba kush”
Thanks everybody for your help so far.

2 Likes

Just a quick photo of my repot today.

And this poor guy I was supposed to throw out but couldn’t do it.

1 Like

Looking good :+1: :v:

Looking good 36 hours after repot.
Dont have much on hand to feed them but I do have some organic fish fertilizer I might give them a diluted drink of. Thoughts?
I have a basic PH tester but Im thinking of not getting into that with my first grow for a number of reasons due to lockdown.
Thoughts?
@repins12 @blackthumbbetty

Had their first feed. Some fish/seaweed brew I already had.

3 Likes

My wife asked if the shed is supposed to smell of weed already lol so I zipped up the tent and put fan/filter on.
Problem solved. Not even 3 weeks old and smell devine.

@dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @blackthumbbetty @repins12 @Bulldognuts @AAA @repins12

5 Likes

Sometimes you will have that. Usually the smell starts after flower. I have had some reek right bad before when they were around that size as well. I think @cannabian had the same issue with his Johaar plant :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

3 Likes

It seems like they’ll have stinky days and others not so much. Different, more ‘green’ musk.

2 Likes

Yep, totally a thing! Some weed just wreaks right from the seed. If you want an idea, general, of the smell of the finished product just give the main stem a gentle rub with your fingertips and have a sniff. You will notice a different smell from each especially if they are different strains. If you are growing from seed you can sorta tell how stable the breeding is by this technique too. If the plants look similar but smell a bit different from each other thats a phenotype thing. Its pretty common. Ive had plants that smell very different from one another and the seed is from the same mom.

2 Likes

More questions sorry.
What is the best way to keep plants small. I planned on starting with Autos but seeds never arrived and still havent so hence I went with the photo seeds I had.
Small tent 70cm x 70cm x 160cm.
Other option is to bin 1 or 2 :pleading_face:
Could also Fim/Top but I guess I would be too wide.
Newbie problems butplants look healthy so far thank you all.
@Myfriendis410 @Bulldognuts @blackthumbbetty @AAA @dbrn32 @repins12

Shorter day: put it on 10/14 and that will start em to flower as soon as they can. Small pot size helps too.

3 Likes